Client / Project Manager – Public Sector
Aon are currently recruiting a Client Manager to join our Public Sector team based in Manchester. The Client Manager – Public Sector will be primarily responsible for combining Client Manager and Project Manager responsibilities for a portfolio of existing accounts and new business opportunities.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Client Manager – Public Sector some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Manage renewal, retention and growth of existing accounts with effective client relationships.
- Co-ordinate the overall renewal process and ongoing service needs.
- Prepare client plans and co-ordinate the overall end-to-end service delivery to agreed standards.
- Analyse clients’ coverage needs, collect and analyse relevant information to identify risk transfer solutions.
- Provide advice to clients and colleagues on the scope of coverage available for different products to establish the appropriate product that meets the clients' coverage needs.
- Individually initiate and close new business opportunities from potential clients and Aon network and, where required, support the Client Director.
- Ensure a full technical and quality check has been completed on all work.
- Produce all (re)insurance documentation for negotiation and confirmation of coverage (does not include invoicing, closing or preparation of insurer policies but includes co-ordination of timely delivery of documentation to the client).
- Establish and maintain risk placement files, ensure all risk information is accurate, complete and up-to- date and distribute information to appropriate individuals when required.
- Work with other professionals on an individual account or a portfolio of accounts to ensure that relevant information is shared among appropriate individuals and required actions are taken to meet clients' needs.
- Provide advice to clients and colleagues on market developments and share knowledge of market trends to enhance the overall value proposition.
- Assist in the development of promotional materials and participate in trade shows, conferences, marketing and PR campaigns designed to enhance the image of products and services.
- Establish best practice and develop the Aon Brand of Bid management and client reports.
- Liaise with client and future client stakeholders to understand business needs and work with these stakeholders to implement strategies.
- Manage stakeholders within the business and within future clients to implement product solutions.
- Identify and work with product experts and client relationship managers to support product solution.
- Ensure projects are delivered to agreed timescales and quality.
- Deliver projects and manage business resource to deliver projects as required by the business units to help the business meet strategic and operational goals of the organisation.
- Assist the development and provision of tools that can be used in the business planning process.
- Work with the business unit to develop and implement product/strategic plans.
- Adhere to the standards, procedures and best practices of Aon Limited to ensure FCA and other regulatory compliance.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the correct governance is in place for all projects.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Client Manager – Public Sector your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven experience in the insurance industry, with experience in client relationship management.
- Experience managing large accounts.
- Knowledge or experience of Public Sector Insurance programmes would be an advantage but not essential.
- Technical Insurance knowledge.
- Commercial understanding of business, i.e. market forces, business drivers, etc.
- Good understanding of client business and risk issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Planning & organising skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of managing effective client relationships.
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service.
- Good understanding of compliance and FCA regulation.
- Excellent written and oral communication, including report writing and presentations.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.