Desktop Support Engineer
Aon are currently recruiting a Desktop Support Engineer to join our team in Birmingham. The Desktop Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for supporting the business by providing technical support to all Aon business entities, within the deskside environment. To provide administrative IT support, where necessary, and to communicate appropriately to internal and external parties during BAU or Work Request based activities.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Desktop Support Engineer some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting and maintaining all deskside technologies.
- Supporting deskside equipment relocation and provisions – moves, IMAC requests etc.
- Responsibility for deskside asset management activity following strict procedures and processes in relation to hardware movements, installations, and recoveries.
- Managing stock control at all offices, ensuring appropriate levels of IT stock are held.
- Managing the movement of deskside hardware between offices.
- Assisting in maintaining security over Aon IT hardware assets.
- Providing mentoring for junior admin staff, with documentation, processes, and queue management.
- Participating in training to add to the overall skill levels of the Colleague Technology Services team.
- Where Tech Bars are in operation, providing L1 and L2 support at the tech bars as and when required.
- Frequently travelling between Aon offices throughout the region providing L2 deskside support, as and when required.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for all future and existing IT policies, procedures, and for the knowledge base.
- Ensuring technology support meets the customer requirements as defined in the Service Level Agreements.
- Playing a key role in the adoption and promotion of new technology.
- Responsibility for ensuring close working relationships are established and maintained with peers within Aon Technology as required.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Desktop Support Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience working in a support IT role following industry standard processes, management of BAU IT tasks and analysis of operational issues in the deskside environment.
- The ability to pick up new technology and learn new skills quickly. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of modern Microsoft Office products, and miscellaneous software in the deskside environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus. An ability to relate to staff at every level of the company, in a clear and concise way. Ability to relate and communicate at higher management levels
- Possess or working towards Microsoft Certification MCITP or equivalent knowledge in Enterprise-level deskside computing.
- Appreciation of ITIL Service Management.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application