Legal Personal Assistant
Aon are currently recruiting a Personal Assistant to support our Legal Chief Counsel in London. The Personal Assistant will be primarily responsible for supporting senior leadership members and the wider team with their day to day activities; delivering high quality support to the dedicated leader and enabling leaders to deliver client value and business results.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Personal Assistant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Responsibility for organising meetings for both internal and external clients
- Preparing papers for meetings and when required take minutes at leadership meetings
- Arranging cost effective travel through Aon systems
- Managing team and individual expenses through the appropriate Aon systems
- Proactive diary management
- Ensure Travel and Expenses bookings are consistently managed and minimised
- Pro-actively contribute to satisfaction of line manager and team supported
- Managing email account of Senior Leader
- Providing a flexible service covering ad hoc duties such as organising team events
- Producing letters and documentation for Senior Management
- Dealing with Clients first line queries and refer to appropriate team members, when necessary
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Assisting Senior Leader with completion of HR forms / Workday
- Other ad-hoc duties, including ordering stationery, business cards, printing, helping with new joiners, invoices using the relevant internal systems.
- Embedding compliant business best practices & processes as directed by Operations.
- Adhering to the standards, procedures and best practices of Aon Limited to ensure FCA and other regulatory compliance
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
As a Personal Assistant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with little supervision
- Proven track record of being an Executive Assistant/PA
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Experience of working in a client facing environment
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Understanding of compliance and FCA regulation
- Experience gained in a private practice law firm or in-house legal function
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.