Senior MI Analyst
Aon are currently recruiting a Senior MI Analyst to join our team in Chelmsford. The Senior MI Analyst will be primarily responsible for managing a small team of MI analysts and MI business analysts. You will undertake the full lifecycle analysis and development of end user reporting for commercial, financial and operational reports. The team builds high quality dashboards and solutions to meet the business’s strategic, operational, financial and risk objectives.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Senior MI Analyst some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Utilise business knowledge of the insurance broking and MGA industry to deliver high quality MI solutions.
- Work with the consumers across Management, Broking, Finance, Operations and Risk/Compliance to develop and deliver management information which is required to meet the business’s strategic, operational, financial and risk objectives.
- Build accurate, functionally efficient and engaging reports which meet the business requirements and enable enhanced business insight across the UK.
- Implement solutions on time and on budget which require little or no upkeep post implementation.
- Ensure reports are built to agreed standards and agnostic of the reporting tool
- Line manage direct reports, including objective setting and performance management.
- Partner with Krakow Insight Centre to optimise delivery of projects and bridge gaps in requirements.
- Understand and follow the Aon Leadership model and take ownership of personal development.
- Maintain personal and professional development.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Senior MI Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of working closely with the business to understand business requirements and deliver reporting solutions.
- Strong understanding and experience of delivering management information to MGAs, with experience of the entire broking and product development lifecycle. Knowledge of understanding the MI needs of insurers is crucial, in particular how bordereaux are constructed, both in the London Market and open market.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Determines pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions. Ensures that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occur in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner.
- Enthusiastic team player with strong relationship and empathy building skills who is capable of selling reasons for change / plans to a diverse range of relationships.
- Good understanding of the principles of data warehousing, analytical tools and change management principles and approaches.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and information gathering skills.
- Well-developed influencing skills.
- Background in management information analysis and development, with the ability to navigate a diverse business environment, build credible business cases and influence key stakeholders.
- Understanding of integrating diverse data sets to provide high quality outcomes.
- Understanding of the Insurance Broking industry and processes.
- Experience of delivering Qlikview solutions or related Business Intelligence toolsets.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.