Senior Pension Consultant (DC)
Aon Hewitt are currently recruiting a Senior Pension Consultant (DC) to join our team in the South East (you could be based from any of our offices that are located in the South-East). We are looking for a senior consultant to continue to build our consulting business. This is primarily a consulting role within a growing consulting business, but where relevant also involves taking our suite of DC products to clients, including Big Blue Touch (Aon’s GPP), the Aon MasterTrust and Aon delegated DC services for trust based schemes. This is an opportunity for ambitious, experienced consultants to further their career.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organisations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organisational and personal performance and growth, navigate risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Senior Pension Consultant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
1. Strong focus on growth and securing new business with a proven track record of:
2. Understanding and focus on good member outcomes and working with clients to achieve this goal.
3. Leading relationships with clients with over £1bn DC assets, with accountability for developing those relationships, for example through introducing additional service.
4. Directing large projects, e.g. provider review exercises and asset transitions.
5. Taking overall responsibility for quality of technical work delivered to clients.
6. Helping to further build the investment expertise within the wider DC team, through training and mentoring of more junior colleagues as necessary.
7. This is a senior position within the DC Team and you will be expected to contribute to the thought leadership and future strategy of the team.
8. The role would predominantly be based from our South East offices (your preference from our London, Epsom, Farnborough and St Albans locations), however the DC team is represented in a number of our offices around the UK, and it is expected that your role would involve working with teams and advising clients across a number of locations.
9. Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Senior Pension Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
1. Track record in leading client relationships.
2. Experience in winning new business and strong focus on growing the client base and revenue.
3. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and comfortable advising Trustee Boards and those in senior company roles at a strategic level.
4. Self-motivating and ambitious.
5. Able to encourage and develop other colleagues, and work well within diverse teams.
6. FCA approved status (preferred but not essential for the right candidate).
7. Experience advising clients on some or all of:
8. The range of skills required are quite diverse and we will consider candidates that are stronger in specific areas although the individual needs a sound understanding of investment issues.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.