2441466 - Senior Claims Advocate (Financial Lines), (London Chelmsford UK)
Aon are currently recruiting an experienced Claims Advocate to join our Financial Lines Claims team which is part of the Global Broking Centre based in Chelmsford.
The Claims Advocate (Financial Lines) will be primarily responsible for the Management of the strategy and process for the notification, agreement, collection and successful settlement of a portfolio of claims within a specialised book of business. Including first notification of loss, negotiation with markets, client updates, subsequent movements and liaison with placement teams, specialists, network offices, clients, underwriters and appointed experts (loss adjusters, lawyers etc). Full responsibility for the contribution in setting and managing the strategy to satisfactorily conclude sensitive claims in tandem with Head of Advocacy.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Senior Claims Advocate some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Claim advice: Complete claim notification form with all the information required in Brokasure - notify the claim, subsequent advice and settlement to carriers. Liaise with the Claims Advocate in case of queries.
- Provide advice and guidance on coverage and perform analysis of coverage-related issues for clients to facilitate the settlement and payment of claims.
- Carefully manage the claims negotiation process with clients, underwriters and or their appointed legal representatives and or loss adjusters
- Facilitate the resolution of any outstanding coverage issues, with the support of the Senior Claims Advocate/Head of Advocacy
- Be able to proactively anticipate and present to clients the best strategy to resolve the claim
- Coordinate discussions and, where appropriate, meetings to ensure superior level of communication between the client, underwriter and their representatives concerning the proposed settlement. Escalate to complex advocate if required
- Negotiate the payment and settlement of claims with clients and underwriters
- Engage, monitor and manage third party providers appointed by clients, underwriters or Aon (e.g. loss adjusters, lawyers, surveyors, engineers etc.)
- Technical support for pre-renewal meetings, placing and renewal negotiations
- Work with other teams as necessary, to ensure that relevant information is shared as required and the appropriate actions are taken to meet clients’ needs
- Issuance of timely, accurate and clear instructions to the outsourcer to enable claims to be processed either directly or via claims handler / Advocate
- Conduct data analysis to establish the claims history for a particular client or business portfolio, and to identify trends and patterns in claims for a client or business segment
- Collect data on large and complex claims and Ensure effective communication is in place with business units, with clients, the network, markets and other related internal groups (such as AGRC).
- Engage with Head of Advocacy for relevant discipline to assist in setting and managing the strategy to satisfactorily conclude contentious claims in tandem with other areas of the business as necessary.
- In case of a sensitive claim, add the claim into the database and escalate to the next level of escalation
- Assist complex advocacy in defining and implementing claims handling procedures and manual
- Identify and report to Senior Advocate Leader any contract drafting problems and errors
- Conduct file reviews in line with business procedures
- report any potential issues in accordance with GBC procedures
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- A-level or equivalent
- Qualified or studying for ACII or equivalent
- Experience of end to end claims handling within the London Market
- Experience of Financial Lines claims
- Experience of using CLASS & ECF claims processing systems
- Brokasure experience desirable
- Demonstrable negotiation skills
- Experience of conducting claims file reviews
- Strong knowledge of claims coverage issues and wordings
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of FCA requirements and standards
- Must have a good analytical mind set, evidenced by previous fact based decision making and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills, capable of dealing with domestic and international clients
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application