Principal Pension Consultant
Aon Hewitt are currently recruiting a Principal Pension Consultant to join our team in Glasgow or Edinburgh. As one of our lead consultants, you will have sufficient experience to lead both our clients and our colleagues, as well as having a broader impact beyond your own client portfolio. You will hold advisory roles across a portfolio of clients as a lead consultant and client manager with responsibility for the relationship of some of our key clients.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organisations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organisational and personal performance and growth, navigate risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Principal Pension Consultant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- You will be seen as a role model by our colleagues, contributing to theirs and others' developments,
- You will motivate the team to understand and meet our clients' requirements, fostering a culture of shared responsibility and ownership,
- You will take on people management/leadership responsibilities to help develop and grow our talent.
- You will be the key relationship owner for a broad range of our clients. This will include being recognised by the client for taking responsibility and accountability for all Aon's services across different practice areas. Where you are not leading, you will be working quickly to establish yourself as a credible successor to the account lead,
- Responsible for retention and growth of revenue on your clients with a proven track record of revenue growth, improved profitability and efficiency. You are seen as a strategic partner, able to introduce innovative solutions to your clients, consulting with technology,
- You will have, or have a desire to develop, a proven track-record of identifying, leading and winning new projects on existing clients and/or new clients. This will include an ability to prepare and negotiate commercial pricing of significant projects and / or fee arrangements,
- You will play a significant role in networking within your local market, and will have, or have a desire to develop, strong recognition within your local network. You will nurture and grow your own new business pipeline with support from us,
- As a trusted advisor, you will be highly competent across a range of areas, and may have a specialism in a particular area, where your expertise is sought by colleagues. If so, you will have the credibility with clients to be introduced as a colleague with deep expertise,
- You will use your experiences to identify wider market trends and opportunities for the business, and implement plans to take advantage of these opportunities to help others be successful.
You also will be responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Principal Pension Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- You are likely to have a Degree and to a relevant Professional qualification (e.g. APMI, FIA)
Skills, qualifications and professional experience
- Previous people management and/or office leadership roles,
- You will have significant experience in the UK pensions consulting environment, having built up deep specialism in your area of expertise,
- Strong commercial and consulting skills,
- Ability to champion and drive change as a leader/role model,
- Active listening to build a meaningful understanding of others’ perspectives and so be able to propose and deliver the right solution,
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others,
- Constructive questioning to build a clear and deep understanding of a client’s circumstances, objectives and perception and measurement of value,
- Professionalism and integrity to build long term trust,
- Confident in expressing your viewpoint, both with colleagues and clients.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.