Senior Pension Transfer Consultant
Aon are currently recruiting a Senior Pension Transfer Consultant to join our team in Bristol. Reporting to the Pensions Manager, the role of the Senior Pension Transfer Consultant is to provide office based advice within a Team environment in respect of potential pension transfers from one source to another including the setting up and maintenance of internal systems.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Senior Pension Transfer Consultant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company,
- Provide advice on DC to DC and DB to DC cases in accordance with Aon guidelines. Work with and help develop suitable processes to meet regulatory and internal requirements to safeguard the business,
- Ensure average compliance score of 3 is obtained and maintained each quarter on cases checked by Compliance,
- Help and assist in the promotion of services provided by the Pension Transfer Team across the whole of DC services within Aon,
- Provide guidance and training to the Team when necessary to increase knowledge base. Assist with ensuring existing Team members develop experience and keep up to date with relevant pension updates,
- As and when new business has been secured setup appropriately on systems. Check and monitor data to ensure that information is accurate and complete,
- Maintain and assist in the monitoring of the diary system to ensure all cases are chased and monitored according to process timescales,
- Prepare suitability reports based upon research, documented conversations and using analysis tools,
- Maintain CPD records and knowledge and complete and pass all relevant Aon University courses.
As a Senior Pension Transfer Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- G60 / AF3 qualifications essential
- Will be authorised with the FCA under CF30 function
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Fully competent in Word or Excel to an intermediate standard is desirable
- Experienced in the use of databases
- Well-developed literacy essential
- Excellent Knowledge of financial services industry with particular emphasis on Pension products including DC and DB arrangements
- Well-developed communication skills
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workloads
- Punctual and self organised, ability to work without direct supervision
- Attention to detail essential
- Ability to work as part of a Team, to communicate ideas and provide feedback and coaching to Team Members
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application