DC European Product Specialist (for DCS)
(London or Leeds, UK)
DC DCS, also more generically known as fiduciary management for defined contribution schemes, is a service offered by Aon Hewitt. It is delivered via an FCA authorised asset management business set up within Aon Hewitt.
This role is to support the suite of investment funds underlying Aon’s European DC strategy. The role will involve working closely with the Head of EMEA Investment to ensure that Aon’s reputation for innovative and appropriate investment options to underpin Aon’s product suite is maintained.
Within DCS, DC Product Specialists are responsible for the investment aspects of the DC investment proposition including relationships with existing and on-boarding clients and supporting the Sales Team with winning new business. Product Specialists work closely with the teams within DCS (including Portfolio Management, Legal, Sales and Client Account Management) to allow them to act as the main investment contact for DC DCS clients.
Your impact as a DC Product Specialist
- Preparing presentations and collating data for regular client meetings and new business pitches;
- Attend client presentations and new business presentations as required;
- Prepare ad-hoc presentations/reports explaining complex investment issues in lay terms;
- Answer technical queries from Investment Advisory client and DC DCS Sales teams;
- Coordinate the preparation of Requests for Proposals to prospective DC DCS clients (editing, proof reading and collation of data, coordinating inputs across the business) in conjunction with the Sales lead and DC Investment Proposition lead. This will include liaising with internal teams to carry out internal modelling and analysis of investment strategies using in-house tools.
- Management of the fund performance information including both data and fund commentary both externally for use in collateral and internally for performance monitoring purposes;
- Management of the process to produce fund relation information including quarterly investment reports and fund factsheets;
- Development and maintenance of standard quarterly investment report and fund factsheets including management of any report / process improvements required over time;
- Preparation of communication around fund related changes e.g. changes to underlying funds and new fund launches, including portfolio managers, platform provider, internal stakeholders and clients.
- Preparation of communication around corporate actions relating to the fund e.g. benchmark or maximum charge changes, including communication to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Creation of fund change stories for use in sales and marketing materials.
- Maintenance of glide path instructions underlying the target date funds available.
- Preparation of material to assist with monitoring market / industry trends working closely with DC Investment Proposition Lead to identify additional funds / fund developments required.
- Work with key stakeholders internally and externally to manage the process of adding additional funds to the range available, including preparation of communications to clients.
- Preparation of investment related material to be used within member communications across the product suite including the investment guide and plan summary, as well as preparing draft responses to member queries.
- Maintenance of share classes matrix used across the full proposition suite.
- Preparation of pricing requests for potential new business enquiries, including liaising with internal / external stakeholders.
- Review and draft the investment technical aspects of Investment Management Agreements;
- Agree and review transition plans and reports with Portfolio Managers for new clients any concerns to the Head of EMEA Investment/DC DCS Product Specialist lead
- Ensure all presentations, proposals and materials issued externally are fully approved internally first. Take responsibility for the DCS compliance approvals of material;
You bring knowledge & expertise
- A good understanding of the requirements of DC pension schemes particularly with regards DC investment strategy including both default and self-select options.
- A background of successfully working with corporate pension clients.
- An understanding of all main asset classes and markets. You will have an investment background.
- An understanding of the fiduciary management industry and current industry trends.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to explain complex issues in lay terms.
- High attention to detail with focus on accuracy. Ability to edit and proof read documentation, rewriting if necessary to ensure appropriate communications and messaging.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external clients at all levels of seniority.
- Anticipates potential problems and is proactive and creative in identifying solutions.
- A good understanding of DC investment funds including operational aspects.
- A good understanding of the corporate pensions market including technical and legislative issues.
- An understanding of the key drivers in the corporate pensions market and the position of the key competitors.
- Gained, or be close to gaining, a professional qualification, in particular FIA or CFA
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.