Aon Hewitt are currently recruiting a Compliance Manager to join our team in Farnborough. The Compliance Manager will be primarily responsible for:
- Acting as a compliance business partner for AHL.
- The Compliance Manager is a key contributor to the risk, compliance and ethics program for Aon Hewitt Limited, and is responsible for assisting with the development of the firm’s compliance framework and overseeing compliance with regulatory requirements, Aon’s compliance policies and procedures.
- With the help of the Board, Senior Management and the Compliance Officer foster a sound compliance culture within the firm. Promote close collaboration between the business units and Risk and Compliance, thereby helping to empower staff to take personal responsibility for compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory and Aon policy requirements.
- Work closely with other control functions, including Aon Law, Internal Audit, Finance and business unit management across the firm to ensure that Aon prevents, detects and remediates violations of applicable laws, regulations, and policies, including the Aon Code of Business Conduct. Where necessary escalate/report non-compliance to relevant stakeholders.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organisations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organisational and personal performance and growth, navigate risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Compliance Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Maintain a satisfactory relationship with relevant regulatory authorities including the UK FCA and the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Strive to continuously enhance the relationship between the Compliance Department and business units and other functions so that the regulatory agenda is included early in strategic discussions.
- Provide assurance, guidance and evidence to the AHL Board that all risk and regulatory matters are being appropriately managed and overseen in line with requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of AHL specific compliance policies and procedures, including Compliance Manual, Conflicts Policy, Financial Promotions Policy.
- Keep abreast of current compliance and regulatory risks, as well as changes to applicable local laws, regulations and best practices which may affect AHL’s compliance programme. Identify and interpret relevant requirements/changes in order to provide advice and support for business areas to enable them to comply.
- Assist with the implementation of a robust risk based monitoring programme, record and communicate findings appropriately, report findings to the AHL Board.
- Assist with the implementation of an effective communication and training plan consistent with global compliance training and communication initiatives to ensure compliance policies and procedures are effectively cascaded to employees.
- Provide advice and counsel on compliance, risk and local regulatory issues with the assistance of specialist colleagues such as Financial Crime, Privacy, legal counsel etc.
- Assist in the remediation of issues raised by Internal Audit, External Audit and any other similar bodies.
- Actively participate and follow-up on actions agreed in Global/Regional Compliance calls/meetings.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Compliance Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree level or equivalent
- Recognised compliance qualification
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA requirements relating to investment consultants.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in compliance management.
- Detailed knowledge of FCA regulations and guidance (SYSC, COBS etc).
- Experience of providing investment services on a cross border basis.
- Experience of new product/services launches.
- Leadership experience, with skills such as business acumen, strategic planning, and decision making in view of financial priorities and internal and external conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the corporation and various business units.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and analyse organisational needs with solid problem-solving abilities.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.