HR Business Partner
Aon are currently recruiting a HR Business Partner to join our team in London. In this position, you will partner with business leaders and colleagues to establish and implement HR strategies that attract, retain, engage and develop the talent needed for continued business improvement and growth.The HR Business Partner serves as a liaison between the business line and all available HR resources across the centre of excellence to ensure solutions and services are delivered for more than 700 colleagues across the client groups.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a HR Business Partner some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Develop trusted relationships with senior leaders and colleagues across your area of responsibility,
- Balance HR best practice with commercial acumen to provide strategic guidance and support to the business on people/talent related matters,
- Engage closely with the leadership teams you support in order to drive continued improvement and engagement,
- Create a cohesive and effective partnership with aligned HR functional leaders and HR centre of excellence teams in order to ensure excellent HR service delivery for colleagues,
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive change management plans to support roll out of HR and business initiatives – coach leaders on effective change techniques.
- Develop a broad understanding of all Aon UK HR solutions and is responsible for execution of all HR initiatives aligned with the business. Examples include:
- Performance Reward Management,
- Talent Review and Planning,
- Engagement Analysis and Planning,
- Workforce planning process,
- Organisation Design,
- Large scale business transformations,
- Colleague Wellness,
- Champion our Inclusion and Diversity agenda.
Talent Management and Organisation Design
- Partner leaders and managers on recruiting, talent development, and retention efforts to ensure we have the human capital needed to improve and grow the business,
- Act as coach and mentor to leaders and high potential colleagues on business opportunities, leading in a professional service organisation, and career progression,
- Work with leaders to ensure performance management is being effectively employed in support of our high performance culture,
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition function and business leaders to assess human capital needs and prepare an overall workforce plan,
- Work closely with the Talent Development function on initiatives that support colleague development.
Risk & Compliance
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
As a HR Business Partner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Graduate or equivalent experience.
Professional qualifications & skills
- Strong knowledge of employee relations and employment law in the UK,
- CIPD or advanced professional HR certification or equivalent,
- Technology / Financial Services / Insurance business knowledge would be beneficial,
- HRBP experience (generalist, specialist, and in client-facing roles preferred) ideally within a Head Office or Corporate environment,
- Managing stakeholder relationships across levels and in a complex matrix structure,
- Consult, influence, and partner with senior leaders in developing and executing people strategies to drive business performance,
- Experience managing complex projects and working in a matrix organization, including balancing priorities and accountabilities and driving delivery,
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex HR issues,
- Experience in organisational design and creating high performing organisations,
- Experience leading the talent development and performance agenda, including effectively facilitating conversations and calibration sessions for all levels of the organisation,
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of Inclusion and Diversity Programmes,
- Strong business management, commercial and financial acumen,
- Advanced verbal and written communication and presentation skills,
- Outstanding attention to detail, analytical mindset and methodical approach to managing information.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application