Business Analysts x 2 - Aon Underwriting Managers (AUM) Chelmsford or Redhill, UK
Aon Underwriting Managers (AUM) is currently recruiting two Business Analysts to join our team in Chelmsford / or Redhill. The Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for:
- The Business Analyst gathers requirements from the various ARS Business Units, and documents these for the AUM Operations team to deliver.
- The Business Analyst works with all areas to ensure that an end to end process is mapped to support the effective and efficient delivery of the facility by the ARS Business Unit and AUM Underwriting/claims and Business Services Unit.
- The Business Analyst works with the business to implement systems set up, ensuring test plans and acceptance testing protocols are adhered to.
- The Business Analyst ensures the fulfilment of Operational items post project launch and supports ongoing process improvements and systems developments. This will include supporting the renewals process where adjustments are required to product set up.
- Review existing processes and identify improvements.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Business Analyst some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Develop and implement solutions by engaging and utilising expertise within Aon.
- Liaise with business stakeholders to understand business needs and work with these stakeholders to implement strategies.
- Identify and work with product managers, technical specialists, brokers and client relationship managers across the business.
- Manage stakeholders within the business to implement solutions.
- Ensure projects are delivered to agreed timescales, quality and budget.
- Responsible for liaising with key stakeholders within the business to ensure that project requirements are captured, agreed and fulfilled on time to help the business meet the strategic and operational goals of the organisation.
- Assist in the gathering, development and provision of requirements for.
- Systems set up.
- MI Reporting.
- Bordereau and aggregate report production.
- Delivery of end to end process maps for the fulfilment of the facility and where necessary ensuring appropriate systems are set up to process business.
- Reviewing existing processes and identify areas of improvements.
- Carry out as-is analysis and then using process improvement tools identifying areas of improvements and solutions.
- If required support the implementation of the improvements.
- Reporting, processes and governance.
- Follow agreed processes.
- Responsible for providing regular reporting on progress to the project manager and operations manager.
- Identify areas of improvement, and implement improvements where required.
- The business Analyst keeps abreast of changing requirements in the retail insurance Market which may affect risk capture and data provision.
- The Business Analyst works with the business and any outsourced third parties to implement internal and external systems set up. Designs and ensures test plans and acceptance testing protocols are adhered to.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Business Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- ISEB or IIBA qualified ideally
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio).
- London Market Insurance a must.
- Logical thinking.
- Analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies including Prince 2 or APMP.
- BCS accredited Nice to have but not essential.
- Building Business Relationships - Proactively developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships to facilitate the achievement of work goals; establishing a connection and affinity with others easily and quickly; demonstrating interpersonal sensitivity.
- Delivery focussed - Ability to identify and pursue the successful completion of key project inputs and outputs simultaneously ensuring quality and timeliness.
- Time manager - Able to work across numerous projects simultaneously, prioritising key actions to ensure close management of stakeholders and action owners in order to achieve successful delivery of project products and outputs.
- Influencing - Convincing others; gaining acceptance of ideas by using appropriate interpersonal styles.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.