Desktop Support Manager
Aon are currently recruiting a Desktop Support Manager to join our team in London. The Colleague Technology Services Team Leader will be primarily responsible for supporting the business in the provisioning of technical support to Aon business departments, within the deskside environment. To provide administrative IT support, and leadership guidance for the support team. To communicate appropriately to internal and external parties during BAU or Work Request based activities.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Colleague Technology Services Team Leader some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all desk-side technologies.
- Prioritise team workload and manage customer expectations.
- Proactively participate in internal meetings.
- Plan, organise, track and record the supply of IT equipment, as per agreed Aon processes and procedures.
- Maintain detailed records for IT equipment control in the deskside environment as per agreed Aon processes and procedures.
- Supplier Management; managing service provided by 3rd party suppliers.
- Produce and analyse data for Aon managers.
- Manage stock control at all offices, ensuring appropriate levels of IT stock are hel.
- Assist in the liaison with other business units to forecast requirements, to meet targeted deadlines.
- Fully support all IT equipment relocation and provisions – moves, IMAC requests etc.
- Manage the movement of hardware within and between offices.
- Assist in maintaining full legal complicity of Aon installed software.
- Assist in maintaining security over Aon IT hardware assets.
- Manage the recycling of all redundant IT equipment and technologies, ensuring correct disposal according to WEEE regulations.
- Assist in co-ordinating training to add to the overall skill levels of the Colleague Technology Services team.
- Provide leadership and guidance through coaching for the Colleague Technology Services team.
- Performance management of Colleague Technology Services team.
- Responsible for queue management, for all incidents and service requests.
- Contribute to the service delivery strategy for Colleague Technology Services.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity.
- Stakeholder management.
- Project delivery management.
- Deputise for the Colleague Technology Services Sub-Regional Manager as required.
- Knowledge of Outsourcing, and 3rd party contract maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of best practice in service and delivery frameworks (ITIL, CoBIT, CMMi).
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Colleague Technology Services Team Leader your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to a good standard of general education.
- Experience working in an IT support function following industry standard processes, management of BAU IT tasks and analysis of operational issues in the corporate desktop environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Aon operating entities.
- Experience of - and ability to - communicate and operate effectively in a pan-European support environment.
- Experience of undertaking detailed analysis of desktop IT systems using available processes and formulating any support tasks required.
- The ability to pick up new technology and learn new skills quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced and expert competency in general and product specific IT support issues.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
Deskside Support Work
- Ability to challenge, question and improve methods and processes where necessary.
- Self-motivated, tenacious and able to work with a degree of autonomy.
- Methodical with a good attention to detail and a good organiser.
- Able to work in a team, good inter-personal skills, excellent team player.
- An enthusiasm for the IT support environment, with a passion and customer focus toward the end-user customer.
- Experience of modern Microsoft Office products, and miscellaneous software in the Deskside environment arena.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus. An ability to relate to staff at every level of the company, in a clear and concise way. Ability to relate and communicate at higher management levels.
- Possess the capability and motivation to achieve personal and team objectives, with flexibility to undertake new service offerings introduced into the Aon end-user business.
- To carry out any undefined support tasks associated with the role, as reasonably requested.
- Take ownership for mentoring and development of IT staff as required.
- Diligent and thorough approach to problem solving.
- Advise colleagues in relation to IT Hardware, choosing cost effective solutions.
- Must have the willingness to develop new skills and take on new challenges.
- Appreciation of ITIL Service Management functions.
- An understanding of customer deskside requirements in relation to internal departmental procedures.
- Experience of IT desktop management in the enterprise.
- Experience in PC, printer and associated desktop hardware systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.