Personal Assistant – Chief Operating Officer
Aon are currently recruiting a Personal Assistant – Chief Operating Officer to join our team in London. The Personal Assistant – Chief Operating Officer will be primarily responsible for:
- Work as an integral part of the ARS Global Operations team providing complete professional, complex and confidential support to the ARS Chief Operating Officer and the Strategy Director.
- Ensure the COO’s requirements for extensive diary, e-mail, contact and document management are delivered.
- Accommodate changing requirements and meeting invitations at short notice and maintain flexibility relating to COO’s travel schedule in varying time zones.
- Support major ARS events, such as the ARS Leadership meeting.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Personal Assistant – Chief Operating Officer some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Regular meeting coordination locally and globally across different time zones.
- Complex global travel organization, including flights, hotels and cars.
- Manage COO’s inbox at all times, respond appropriately to emails on behalf of COO and supporting the COO in actioning.
- Support document creation and management across a broad range of formats.
- Meet and greet visitors and coordinate hospitality.
- Coordinate and organize global internal & external meetings and events, including acting as the focal point for major events such as the ARS Leadership Meeting.
- Liaise and build good business relationships with ARS Operating Committee colleagues, PA’s and external stakeholders (clients and carriers) across the globe.
- Assist with traveling global Operating Committee colleagues when they are in London.
- Submit expenses and approve expense reports of those colleagues managed by COO.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Personal Assistant – Chief Operating Officer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven track record in a similar role with experience supporting a senior executive.
- Excellent commercial acumen and the ability to gain an understanding of the team’s purpose and the COO’s role within the organisation.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload using time management and good organisation skills.
- Willingness to work outside of 9-5 when needed, especially when COO is out of the country.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high focus on collaboration, particularly within a PA network.
- Self-starter, proactive and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude.
- High level of enthusiasm, commitment, energy and cheerfulness.
- Ability to work under pressure and within an ever changing schedule.
- Advanced PC skills including Outlook and Word are essential, PowerPoint and Excel skills also highly valuable.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry a plus.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.