Aon are currently recruiting a Regional Director to join our team in London.
The Regional Director will be primarily responsible for:
- The local co-ordination and execution of AEB strategy and Aon-wide initiatives, and to ensure full cross-selling potential is recognised and achieved in a congruent manner across the Business Unit.
- Ensure both AEB operational priorities and client relationships comply with internal and external regulatory requirements and treating customers fairly is at the heart of practices.
- To project manage and support change across the AEB business.
- Work with the AEB Leadership Team to ensure that all business change activities are embedded in day to day working practices of the local offices.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Regional Director some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Provide Leadership to the local offices serving the AEB business.
- Drive AEB initiatives to ensure timely implementation with no adverse business impact.
- Develop, gain agreement to, and direct the uniform implement of robust, compliant operational plans, practices and policies locally across all practice areas.
- Establish and monitor a robust, practical governance framework to underpin operational excellence.
- Ensure the operational aspects of client requirements are fully met and treating customers fairly is embedded into day to day working practices, with particular focus on delivering the best of the AEB product portfolio to the local client.
- Working with other Regional Directors and the Operations Director to execute plans, implement and monitor adherence to operational improvement initiatives across AEB.
- Ensure that processes and measures are in place for monitoring and maintaining standards of business conduct consistent with Aon best practice and all internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements. Analyse trends, report and make recommendations to senior management as necessary.
- Work with Regional Directors to ensure that robust performance management and training and competence processes are in place within all locations.
- Chair monthly operations meetings with local leaders to ensure consistent strategy is well implemented and achieving the intended business goals.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Regional Director your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Sufficient insurance experience with proven expertise in at least one of the Benefits Solutions practice areas (DC Pensions, Risk or Health) in dealing with mid-market or large corporate clients.
- People management capability within a matrix organisation.
- Strong track record of leading teams – able to motivate and inspire team to achieve success.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Proven record of project managing the implementation of operational initiatives to improve business performance and in developing and sharing best practice.
- Enthusiastic team player with strong relationship and empathy building skills who is capable of selling reasons for change / plans to a diverse range of relationships.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate well across organisational levels.
- Self disciplined and organised.
- Upholds and demonstrates leadership values.
- Well-developed knowledge of FCA requirements and standards.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application