Citrix Engineer II
Aon are currently recruiting a Citrix Engineer II to join our team in London or be employed as a Homeworker.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Citrix Engineer II some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Represent team in client engagements to determine project requirements and lead discussions to determine solution of choice,
- Proactively applies multiple metrics to evaluate provided solution fully meet client requirements,
- Evaluates data from various sources in order to identify trends which may impact future projects,
- Develop and maintain strong client focused relationships,
- Actively advocate best practice solutions during client engagements,
- Demonstrate mastery of technology space,
- Implement new ideas that improve team effectiveness,
- Build relationships which allow effective management of stakeholder expectations,
- Deliver solutions which create value without compromising quality,
- Managing operations by leveraging tools and metrics to save costs and generate revenue,
- Leverages technology to efficiently manage processes and operations,
- Manages project scope ensuring deliverables stay within budget, and resource and or time constraints are minimized,
- Develops strategy to mitigate risk from projects,
- Demonstrates excellence; champions and leads with a can-do attitude,
- Understanding of core technologies, eg:PVS/MCS, Application Streaming technologies, eg App-V XenDesktop and XenApp, Hypervisors, eg ESX, Hyper-V, Web Proxies, eg Netscaler, etc,
- Produce high level, low level, build, run, and other documentation in support of the technology,
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Citrix Engineer II your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- 5-7 years of experience managing medium to large Citrix environments (Over 1000 concurrent users),
- XenApp v6.5 mandatory, XenApp/XenDesktop v7.x experience a plus,
- 3-5-years of experience with the Microsoft Server Operating System versions W2K8; W2K12 a plus,
- Operational expertise in complex Citrix environments containing XenApp, XenDesktop, Netscaler, Storefront, Firewalls, and other supporting technologies.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application