Position Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition Leader
Organization Aon Service Corporation
Reports to Global Head of Talent Management
Location Chicago Illinois or London, England
The Global Talent Acquisition Leader will be responsible for attracting and hiring the best talent for Aon globally. This role will lead efforts around strategy development and delivery to effectively and efficiently attract and hire talent. This role will also have a global remit to provide a global point of view of talent acquisition to Aon leadership. This role reports directly to the VP, Global Head of Talent Management & Inclusion and will directly manage a leadership team of colleagues in the US, Canada, and UK. This leader will be a member of the Global TM Leadership team.
Key Accountabilities and Primary Responsibilities:
Lead talent acquisition and recruiting efforts for TA
- Provide leadership to global talent acquisition teams by sharing Aon business initiatives and best practices.
- Manage the recruiting teams, providing leadership and coaching to ensure the team is continually developed and focused on client service excellence.
- Develop, drive and implement the talent acquisition strategy for Aon, including sourcing, recruitment, and selection.
- Manage the recruiting process to ensure positive experience for all candidates and hiring managers.
- Ensure Aon’s recruitment policies, practices and tools are appropriate and are developed in line with the external market in order to promote the employer brand and ensure the acquisition of talent.
Serve as trusted advisor to business and HR leaders
- Serve as client-facing “TA Account Executive” to the business leaders and HR advisors to provide a holistic view of talent acquisition and ensure alignment with overall talent strategy of the business.
- Partner with the business, HR advisors and other areas of HR in the development and execution of talent acquisition strategies for each practice/business unit.
- Provide global perspective of talent acquisition for Aon by establishing relationships and meeting cadence with TA colleagues in other geographies.
- Provide thought leadership related to strategic execution and service delivery impacts as a result of major talent-related initiatives.
- Develop in partnership with line HR and Talent a workforce talent acquisition plan that is in support of our talent strategies for each business (transition, core and growth).
Drive holistic workforce plans via best-in-class data analytics and insights
- Proactively provide insights and analytics on requisitions with a focus on priorities and skills needed by each major area (transition, core, growth and special cases such as red status accounts).
- Translate business workforce plans into talent pipeline requirements to develop current and future sourcing plans to proactively identify, contact and attract industry leading talent.
- Partner with HR Metrics and Analytics and TA Operations to optimize use of data and metrics to drive insights, including resource planning, predictive analytics, client satisfaction and differentiated cost model.
- Work closely with business leaders and HR advisors to monitor workforce levels and performance and assess emerging workforce changes, e.g. skills, talent mix, etc.
Develop and implement continuous process and service delivery improvements
- Support and deliver differentiated service delivery model based on candidate category.
- Provide overall insights and analysis on the best talent acquisition and talent assessment strategies in support of our talent strategies.
- Leverage existing systems, tools, and capabilities to drive results and coordinate with Global TA Operations to upgrade existing systems and acquire/implement new ones.
- Effectively utilize existing systems, tools and capabilities to drive results. Recommend improvements or enhancements to people, processes or technologies with a focus on cost reduction and other efficiencies.
- Act as a change agent to improve standardized internal processes.
- Act as project manager on key programs and initiatives focused on improving overall effectiveness of the Aon Talent Acquisition function.
Be an engaging and effective leader of the team and with the broader TA organization
- Provide leadership and direction for the team by setting team goals and regularly measuring team performance.
- Manage performance and provide development and learning opportunities as needed. Ensure optimal role and resource alignment to deliver highest quality services.
- Support other TA efforts, including TA Operations, ATS roadmap development, sourcing, candidate-to-colleague experience, and employer brand.
The ideal candidate is a proven high caliber leader in the HR or Talent Acquisition field, who is passionate about talent acquisition and embraces the opportunity to champion change. Additionally, the candidate has demonstrated the ability to consult, influence and partner with senior leaders globally in developing/executing TA strategies as well as driving business performance.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge and skills required:
- 15+ years’ recruitment and Talent Acquisition experience and knowledge in HR. TA leadership experience preferred and previous other HR-area experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to engage, consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in the developing/executing TA strategies to drive business performance.
- Proven experience in setting the direction and overseeing development and implementation of recruiting teams and recruitment practices.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills to drive insights. Understanding of best practices in talent metrics, predictive analytics and resource planning analytics.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice recruitment solutions to acquire best in class talent.
- Must have prior experience leading and managing global TA teams in a global corporation.
- Experience using project plans and data analytics to develop actionable strategies.
- Deep experience with recruiting & sourcing technologies. Stay informed on emerging technologies and trends.
- International experience with a strong preference for Canada, the UK and Poland is a plus.
- Project management skills – prioritize, manage and complete projects on time, on budget.
- Knowledge of labor market trends and demographics.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, ATS (Taleo) & Authoria.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will have the following competencies & interpersonal skills:
Communication and change management skills: A compelling communicator who interacts across all levels of each client group as well as other key internal and external constituents. Develop and communicate team accountabilities. Proven ability to drive positive change management processes
Business acumen/agility: 10+ years of in depth experience in at least in one global HR core function and broad experience across the range in a global organization. Provides outstanding client support as a trusted business-results oriented leader. Ability to influence positive outcomes for internal clients and key stakeholders using data and a strong understanding of effective talent acquisition strategies and trends. Strong business acumen with a curiosity to understand business and talent issues and strategies. Able to be agile and adapt to changing objectives and circumstances.
Team leadership: Has a proven ability to set priorities and manage a team through strategic change. Known as an inspirational leader having developed and retained high performing teams through continuous learning, honest feedback, rigorous development and disciplined talent management. Ability to attract, engage and retain high performing teams with an understanding of and sensitivity to global cultural nuances.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.