The Head of Legal and Technical Claims – Global Broking Centre (London, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a Head of Legal and Technical Claims to join our Global Broking Centre in London. The Head of Legal and Technical – GBC will be primarily responsible for leading a team of lawyers who are responsible for drafting, negotiating and improving PI, D&O and BBB insurance contracts for F&PS clients and coverage discussions with clients prior to notification of claims, assisting the client in the understanding, negotiation and presentation of difficult claims to insurers and the negotiation of contentious claims with insurers face to face or as appropriate.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Head of Legal and Technical – GBC some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Leading an experienced team of lawyers ensuring the team functions as a key component of the wider F&PS structure.
- Develop and implement a value driven approach to clients and networks for both innovation around policy wordings and claims negotiations.
- Develop a strategic approach to market relationships to promote effective relationships on complex claims.
- Insurance contract drafting and update reviews for new and renewal D&O, FI PI, EPL, PTL, Cyber and Crime/BBB insurance covers, identification of drafting errors and wording corrections on recently won contracts and endorsements. The role will specifically focus on FI PI, but other areas will be involved.
- Manage relationships across the F&PS team ensuring that the Specialist Technicians and Specialised Technical Wording teams interact effectively.
- Analysis and advice of claims, review of potential coverage / applicable sections of policy, interaction with client, clients legal team and accountants.
- Direct coverage and quantum negotiations for complex claims with Insurers.
- Advice on drafting of notification wording.
- Client Board briefings (presentations and paper).
- Risk manager & Insurance team training.
- Attending / running mediations and settlement meetings.
- Meeting with Insured's auditors for 'reserving' discussions.
- Renewal claims reviews and advice.
- Briefing and meetings with insureds legal advisors.
- Reviews of Insured's Internal Risk documentation and guidelines.
- Setting and managing a claims settlement strategy for complex claims.
- Drafting sections for tenders and presenting at tenders and pitches.
- Claims trend analysis and risk management advice.
- Risk management analysis and advice.
- Carry out projects, tasks and other duties as may from time to time be specified by senior management.
- Adhere to Divisional Quality Statement in all aspects of the Business Unit’s business.
- Adhere to the standards, procedures and best practices of Aon UK Limited to ensure FCA and other regulatory compliance.
- The team will hold monthly minuted meetings.
- The team will review the KPIs, customer service, process, people and compliance.
- Ensuring that any E & O detail is forwarded to and supporting the Business. Unit E & O representative and forwarding any complaints to the Business Unit Complaints Handler.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Head of Legal and Technical – GBC your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Qualifications, skills, experience
- CII or equivalent,
- Experience working as a qualified Solicitor or equivalent,
- Previous Insurance Claims experience in D&O, FI, PI and Crime,
- Litigation Experience,
- Experience drafting, negotiating and reviewing Insurance contracts and documentation.
Other relevant personal style/motivation
- Leadership Skills.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.