Account Director, Private Clients
We are currently looking to recruit an Account Director for our Affinity business. This role will be home based, with the successful candidate expected to travel to our London office on occasion when necessary.
As an Account Director you will be responsible for identifying Clients risk needs, gaps in cover and cross sell opportunities. You will also act as the senior contact between clients and APC (Aon Private Clients), becoming the face of APC for our VIP clients and handle new business enquiries from our Cardiff Centre, Aon Risk Solutions or other referrals.
Your impact as an Account Director
- Drive new business sales from enquiries from Cardiff Centre and the wider ARS. To include additional sales to existing clients.
- Develop third party relationships/networks to generate new business leads
- Work closely with National colleagues to identify future Private Clients and spot Corporate opportunities
- Support existing clients as required by the Cardiff centre and the wider business.
- Conduct client visits and issue meeting minutes promptly with follow up actions.
- Identify each Client’s requirements and ensure service meets agreed standards
- Ensure delivery to highest standards using best practice processes and conducting regular reviews with Client
- Manage client expectations, keeping them informed of progress and communicating with them as appropriate, whilst taking appropriate and timely action to identify and correct problems should they occur
- Maintain Client files in accordance with agreed procedures, keeping records complete, accurate and up to date
- Act as senior relationship manager for designated clients, coordinating client relationship management across the whole of Aon.
- Assist the APC team to achieve revenue growth in line with UK budget requirements
- Liaise with other team members and line management to ensure effective working relationships between Client Managers, so that together they drive revenue and profit growth
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
You bring knowledge and expertise
- Experience in business development/sales within Private Clients.
- Proven sales ability - technical understanding of new business sales
- Determination to win new business with the ability to work towards and achieving targets
- Effective Client relationship management
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and organised
- Strong partnership skills to manage internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience in prospecting and pipeline building
- Ideally you will be Dip CII qualified.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.