Aon are currently recruiting a Ledger Manager to join our team in Chelmsford. The Ledger Manager will be primarily responsible for overseeing activities of XBS team offshore and input into performance management but no direct line management. Ledger Manager will be responsible for the delivery and development of fiduciary services to a portfolio of business within GBC and Global accounts.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Ledger Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Delivery of fiduciary KPI, SLA and working capital targets for your area of responsibility.
- Work effectively with colleagues across Aon in order to deliver required outcomes.
- Support development of the strategy for fiduciary accounts and propose plans for improvement.
- Oversee delivery in relation to specific projects and improvements.
- Support the business in achieving fiduciary targets.
- Manage the interface between fiduciary accounts and the business units you work with. Provide leadership to the offshore team and ensure meaningful targets are set and achieved through agreement and collaboration with XBS and the business.
- Utilise fiduciary knowledge to deliver operational and financial benefit to Aon Limited.
- Propose activities or workstreams aimed at improving the end to end service.
- Support the design and implementation of processes aimed at improving efficiency and enhancing the control environment
- Work collaboratively with our outsource partner (XBS) to improve service.
- Support Senior Management in the achievement of Strategic business objectives.
- Support the development of a robust, efficient and cost sensitive strategy which for Fiduciary Accounts within Aon UK Limited.
- Understand complex internal and external accounting problems and propose solutions.
- Produce regular reports to management on key targets, projects and issues.
- Produce project summaries or presentations as required.
- Propose changes which will reduce risk or improve service.
- Ensure all policies, procedures, processes and controls which underpin fiduciary or operational processes for your business area are appropriately maintained and all proposed changes approved by owners.
- Support a risk proportionate control and oversight function for Fiduciary Accounts within Aon Risk Solutions.
- Lead or manage initiatives as requested by management.
- Develop and maintain key internal or external relationships (e.g. underwriters, auditors).
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Ledger Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Accounting or insurance qualifications preferred but not essential
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Enthusiastic team player with strong relationship building skills.
- Strong understanding of and experience of insurance broking accounts.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and information gathering skills. Able to use analytical skills and knowledge to identify key risk areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate well across all organisational levels.
- Motivation, coaching and development of staff and evidence of proactive management of performance issues.
- Upholds and demonstrates leadership values.
- Well-developed influencing skills.
- Experience of working with an offshore service provider.
- Strong understanding of the UK Regulatory environment.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application