Aon are currently recruiting a Liability Broker to join our team in Manchester. The Liability Broker will be primarily responsible for:
- Working as a team member supporting the aims of the Division ensuring delivery of a high quality and efficient service to ARS.
- Service client needs in a professional and proactive manner working with Aon UK offices to broker new and renewal excess liability risks to a contestable panel of Insurers.
- Engage effectively with relevant business units to maximise SPS penetration and be aware to new business opportunities.
- To promote the Aon brand.
- To ensure clients and company requirements are achieved and are compatible.
- To develop technical skills and commercial awareness.
- Provide technical support and advice to other Aon offices as required.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Liability Broker some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Ltd policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of ay Group Company.
- To support the Head of Unit in ensuring that the team work as a cohesive unit meeting all service requirements agreed with the ARS UK offices and Insurers.
- In coordination with the UK Aon Offices, agree timetables and produce new and renewal business presentations ensuring that complete risk information is provided to Insurers. Obtain quotations from Insurers and prepare quote options and comparisons for the client.
- Provide technical support and advice to other Aon offices acting as an escalation point in relation to contract certainty queries providing in depth analysis on accounts in matters relating to figures, contracts and wording.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with relevant business units, Client Managers and Insurers.
- Continued development of own technical skills and commercial awareness through; on the job training; attending any relevant internal training course and any external seminars provided by the MMIA, LMIA or Insurers.
- Ensure risk data is recorded accurately to support monthly management information.
- Assist the Head of Unit in the planning and budgeting process encompassing revenue, expense and headcount.
- Carry out such projects, tasks and other duties as may be specified by the head of Unit and/or Senior Management of the Division.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Liability Broker your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A Level Candidate preferred.
- ACII or working towards would be an advantage.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Insurance experience, commercial awareness preferred.
- Working within a team covering all elements of negotiation and placement.
- Good people skills with the ability to work well within a team.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.