Central Broking Technician (Chelmsford, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a Central Broking Technician to join our team in Chelmsford. The Central Broking Technician will be primarily responsible for supporting the development, placement and ongoing management of Aon's new and renewing Structured Portfolio Solutions (SPS). Managing the systematic collection of complete and accurate portfolio risk and exposure data across the GBC. Maintaining disciplined business processes and supports the central production of various internal and market‐facing reports, including for all Lineslips with Facility Management Commissions (FMC).
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Central Broking Technician some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Manage the central collection of slips and client schedules on a 'live‐basis' across the GBC, and coordinate the transfer of files to an off‐shore team (where required) for data cleansing.
- Manage queries from IT and off‐shore teams related to the data capture and reporting process, working with Aon's Exposure.
- Management Team and GBC business units to ensure timely and complete access to accurate risk and exposure data on the portfolio.
- Review data quality as well as reporting to ensure accuracy and resolve any issues. Provide regular progress updates and coordinate with Central Broking Management to address any identified issues or risks to delivery.
- Develop a detailed understanding of reporting tools and underlying portfolio data, to identify any issues or impact on analysis in order to meet deadlines and ensure the highest possible accuracy.
- Support the analysis of relevant portfolio data to produce various internal and market‐facing reports, including for all Lineslips with Facility Management Commissions (FMC).
- Assist with the analysis of the GBC and Aon portfolio (as required) to help produce underwriter presentations and support the development, ongoing management, renewal and placement of new SPS in the market.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve business processes or operational efficiencies, to increase potential profitability and the relevance of regular reporting.
- Aon Risk Support other Central Broking initiatives as required for Aon’s global Broking and Structured Portfolio Solutions strategy, including Aon Client Treaties and contribute to the on‐going development of data analytics capabilities and tools.
- Work in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Central Broking Technician your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to Degree Level standard preferable with a numerate discipline.
- London Market insurance experience and knowledge an asset, preferably with or working towards CII qualifications.
- Significant attention to detail and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Highly organized and effective at prioritising tasks to meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of Broking processes and insurance documentation.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships both in person and over electronic communication.
- Experience working with off‐shore teams and cross‐cultural communication an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.