BSU Technical Assistant – Aon Underwriting Managers (Redhill, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a BSU Technical Assistant to join our AUM Business Supportteam in Redhill. The BSU Assistant will be primarily responsible for: providing comprehensive administrative business support to Aon Underwriting Managers, underwriting and claims teams.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a BSU Assistant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Enter underwriting submissions using the AUM Business System within the agreed service levels
- Prepare underwriting submissions to quote or decline stage within the AUM Business System
- Prepare, issue and maintain underwriting policy documentation, including endorsements
- Deal with general non-technical underwriting enquiries from brokers
- Capture the progress of a piece of work through its lifecycle
- Create/obtain claims experience for underwriters and Aon broking
- Enter all new claims using the AUM Business system within agreed service levels
- Acknowledge receipt of the new claim immediately after entry
- Create the file with the appropriate claim number and new claims correspondence
- Enter claim payments using the AUM Business System within agreed service levels
- Prepare & send claim payment Cheque Request reports and correspondence letters to the Finance Department on the day of entry
- To complete reserve amendments using the AUM Business System within agreed service levels
- To complete file closures using the AUM Business System
- To assist with the general claims telephone calls on behalf of the claims department in the absence of the claims staff
- Complete claims file archiving and retrieval of archive files and ensure the archiving records are kept up to date
- Create, maintain and archive underwriting & claims files
- Other duties relevant to the underwriting and claim teams activities as required
- Complete filing on a daily basis
- Ensure files required for carrier or internal audit are available
- Other general administrative tasks as required
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a BSU Assistant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Good standard of education, preferably with English and Maths at GCSE level (minimum C grades)
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Insurance background preferred but not essential
- Organisational skills. Keen eye for detail as data entry accuracy is very important
- Team player
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.