Group Risk Support Specialist – Farnborough / Epsom, UK.
Aon are currently recruiting a Group Risk Support Specialist to join our team in either Epsom or Farnborough. The Group Risk Support Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing office based support to their assigned Aon Sales Consultants in the day to day running of client’s Group Risk accounts, including setting up all appropriate actions required for contract renewals and new business wins.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
The Group Risk Support Specialist is the first point of contact for all client and provider queries and issues as they arise and is expected to have the skills and knowledge to understand what actions are required to meet the expectations of all parties. As part of a team, each colleague will be expected to provide support for colleagues as and when required.
As a Group Risk Support Specialist some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Ensure the smooth running of assigned Group Risk portfolio on a day to day basic,
- Develop and maintain a constructive and professional relationship with clients and insurers at all levels,
- Act as the first point of contact for day to day enquiries from clients, providers and other internal and external sources,
- Independently respond to queries from both clients and insurers in a pro-active manner, whilst keeping Consultants informed as appropriate,
- Co-ordinate administration of schemes including invoicing, membership data, accounts, claims data, communication materials and other associated queries,
- Prepare template client reports as requested by Sales Consultants,
- Resolve any identified discrepancies in provider documentation before sending to clients,
- Ensure that any correspondence produced or issued by Aon is accurate and adheres to any published brand guidelines,
- Commence & manage the gathering of relevant data for each client’s scheme renewal and ensure accuracy at all times,
- Assist with the analysis of data as required,
- Attend internal provider and product training as required,
- Ensure that all client records are accurate, up to date and in the prescribed format,
- Maintain client records and data in line with Aon systems and protocols,
- Undertake ad hoc project work where required,
- Be prepared to work outside contracted hours if workloads & business requirements necessitate,
- Understand and comply with the financial & industry regulations and legislations,
- Use CRM to keep records up to date and ensure the system is up to date at all times,
- Establish and maintain up to date knowledge of products and the marketplace,
- Build good working relationships with Aon colleagues from all parts of the business,
- Show commitment and dedication to the role and to Aon,
- Provide cover for Reception, Reception call overflow and Post sorting and distribution as requested,
- Provide a proactive professional telephone handling service for both internal and external contacts, including clients, providers and Aon colleagues,
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Group Risk Support Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Technical Skills Required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and use of a CRM system,
- Quick and accurate keyboard skills,
- Knowledge of Customer Service principles and practices,
- Excellent communication skills including outstanding telephone manner,
- High Standards of literacy and numeracy,
- Industry knowledge desirable.
Other Skills Required:
- Ability to work independently and proactively using own initiative,
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads,
- Excellent time management skills,
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail,
- Ability to retain and recall information,
- Good aptitude for problem solving,
- String team player with a passionate approach to work,
- Ability to assist with revenue maximisation by recognising potential leads,
- Good standard of general education,
- Treating Customers Fairly: Aon is committed to ensuring that we treat customers fairly in all that we do. We recognise that fair treatment of our customers is about adding value to the advice and service we provide. This also helps to meet the requirements of the FCA principle of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF). Specifically TCF aims to help customers fully understand the features, benefits, risks and costs of the financial products they buy. It is important that employees understand this and are committed to treating customers fairly in their day to day work.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.