Administration Team Manager (Group Risk Benefits)
Aon are currently recruiting a Administration Team Manager (Group Risk Benefits) to join our team in Farnborough. The Administration Team Manager (Group Risk Benefits) will be primarily responsible for proactively managing the performance of the Farnborough Group Risk Administration Team to provide excellent group risk administration services for Aon Employee Benefits clients.
The Group Risk Administration Manager will drive performance through the development and mentoring of the administration team and management of group risk services.
The job holder is responsible for building and maintaining excellent relationships with group risk clients, insurers and consultants and for promoting strong co-operation between all Aon departments; acting as liaison point and responsible for the successful resolution with regard to any performance issues identified by consultants, colleagues or clients.
The job holder will be involved in influencing and driving business improvement and system development projects working closely with other colleagues around the business.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Administration Team Manager (Group Risk Benefits) some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for the management of the Group Risk Administration team.
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of outputs by ensuring training, review, audit and peer checking of work carried out by the team.
- Co-ordinate and manage the administration for the existing book of Group Risk clients supporting the consultants as well as assist in the development of business from existing clients.
- Take direct responsibility for a portfolio of clients as required.
- Support the consultants with all Group Risk client administration including assisting with client meetings, producing MI (where available), reports and supporting tenders.
- Provide a point for technical query escalation for Group Risk Administration and Risk Claims & Underwriting functions.
- Work closely with the Group Risk Providers to ensure the highest levels of service for Aon Employee Benefits, identifying any areas of issue for resolution or escalation as appropriate.
- To have and maintain excellent technical and process knowledge for all Group Risk products and providers including changes in regulations and tax which affect the provision of Group Risk benefits.
- Support & work collectively with the Operation Manager to review and plan departmental activity to ensure the successful running of the department.
- Continuously monitor & review workloads ensuring team work balance, delivery of excellent customer service within SLAs, agreed priorities and maximum utilisation of all support teams via workflows.
- Ensure that the Group Risk Administration Team is adequately resourced at all times and that minimum staffing levels are met. Take action as appropriate to deal with resourcing issues, work backlogs etc. ensuring minimum impact on service delivery.
- To lead the recruitment process for authorised Group Risk Administration team vacancies ensuring a diverse candidate shortlist.
- Hold regular monthly (as a minimum) team meetings ensuring effective communications and promoting staff engagement.
- Develop and maintain staff performance measures and success criteria for the team.
- Conduct regular 1-2-1’s and annual appraisals with staff to monitor and assess performance against agreed objectives and success criteria in line with Aon's Talent Reward Systems.
- To ensure that objectives of the team are understood by all team members and to be responsible for ensuring a culture of excellent customer service exists in the team.
- Where appropriate implement performance plans and instigate disciplinary action in respect of under-performing staff.
- Identify training & development needs of staff and arrange appropriate support and training to improve and enhance knowledge and expertise of all staff within the Group Risk Administration team.
- To participate in salary reviews and promotional recommendations providing business cases in support.
- Ensure that all staff use systems appropriately and in line with Aon's security policy.
- To ensure that all duties and tasks are undertaken in a compliant manner and in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Deal with any issues raised by sales consultants in relation to administration staff, and vice versa.
- Establish, promote and maintain a good working knowledge of legislation, providers, products, systems and processes.
- Be aware of any legislative and/or regulatory changes that may affect working practice and proactively develop changes to processes and systems to ensure that they continue to meet regulatory requirements.
- Promote strong co-operation between the department and all areas of Aon.
- Review existing procedures to ensure that all processes are appropriate, consistent, maintained and developed in line with company procedure to enhance existing, business practises and protocols
- Identify business efficiencies and where appropriate, produce documentation to support ideas and opportunities.
- To analyse issues and plan for their future prevention.
- To provide resource for user testing systems enhancements as required.
- Undertake ad hoc project work/special assignments as requested.
- Attend client meetings as required
- Review service provision to clients against pre-agreed service level agreements.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Administration Team Manager (Group Risk Benefits) your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Degree level preferred
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in team management with a proven track record of successful people and performance management.
- Financial services background essential with at least 3 years Group Risk experience.
- Proven experience in implementing process improvement and projects on time and within budget
- Advanced level of Microsoft office applications.
- CII qualifications desirable
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application