Aon are currently recruiting a Risk Analyst to join our team in Redhill or Farnborough or Home based. The Risk Analyst will be primarily responsible for the identification of internal and external emerging risks through monitoring and analysing the internal and external environments, and for the coordination of impact assessments across Aon’s businesses.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Risk Analyst some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Manage the day to day operation of Aon’s Policy Governance Framework, and advise and assist Policy Owners and Policy Specialists to ensure their policies meet the framework standards, and are fit for purpose and effective.
- Prepare Policy Framework & Policy Performance MI to provide assurance on the effectiveness of the policies to the Risk & Compliance Committee.
- Own, maintain and develop PolicyPoint, and ensure that employee can easily access the organisation’s policies.
Emerging Risk Analysis & Monitoring
- Monitor internal and external sources of information to identify “horizon” risks as they emerge. Coordinate Risk team activity to analyse the potential impact of these risks on Aon.
- Be aware of changes and developments to legislation, regulation and risk standards/methodologies and how they may impact on Aon.
- Maintain the Risk Team subscription list and monitor external publications; analyse when necessary.
Incidents, Appetite Breaches & Loss Data
- Oversee or manage, as appropriate, the processes used to gather relevant data for analysis and reporting.
- Manage Risk Console (or other risk system) databases used to hold incident and appetite breach data.
- Manage the incident and appetite breach notification processes.
- Conduct “triage” on new incidents, ensuring that the right organisational expertise is deployed to analyse these events.
- Supply the Risk Director and the Business Risk Managers (and where appropriate Compliance colleagues) with relevant incident data.
- Conduct analysis of incident, appetite and loss data to identify trends, themes and systemic failures.
Incident & Risk Reporting
- Own, co-ordinate and deliver the relevant reporting processes for Emerging Risks, Incidents & Appetite, ensuring that reports and papers are produced in a timely way for key Executive bodies and the Board and its committees.
- Analyse risk management information, and provide trending and commentary for inclusion in key Executive reports and the Board and its committees.
- Support the Risk Director and the Business Risk Managers with the analysis, review and challenge of BU level reporting.
- Risk Framework & Tools.
- Support the administration and management of Risk Console (or other risk system).
- Support the design, delivery and analysis of use tests and Risk Culture Surveys.
- Support the communication and embedding of the enterprise risk management framework and its tools, and contribute to its maintenance and updating to reflect risk management best practice and/or changes in the internal/external environment.
- Support the Head of Enterprise Risk Management in the delivery of the TC2.4 scenarios.
- Monitor the delivery of management actions (plans) for risk and control improvements, incident remediation and appetite breaches.
- Report to the Head of Enterprise Risk Management and Heads of Risk where actions are overdue, or in accordance with agreed criteria.
- Design, deliver and maintain the Risk intranet site.
- Represent the Risk Team on the wider UK Risk and Compliance Communications working group.
As a Risk Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A recognised Risk Management Qualification - (Either working towards or completed)
- Project Management Qualification (Desirable but not Mandatory).
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Good understanding and experience of working within a risk, governance and standards based environment.
- Good awareness of risk management and governance principles and practice.
- Awareness of organisational design and corporate structures.
- Ability to identify and analyse information and data.
- Project planning and management skills and experience.
- Good interpersonal and verbal and written skills.
- Relationships with relevant external bodies and professional organisations.
- Organisation, planning & analysis.
- Relationship management, networking.
- Resilience and tenacity.
- Proactivity, self motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Communication skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated ‘can do’ approach, enthusiasm and initiative.
- Developing self.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.