Healthcare Support Specialist
Aon are currently recruiting a Healthcare Support Specialist to join our team in Farnborough. The Healthcare Support Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing office based support to their assigned Aon Sales Consultants in the day to day running of client accounts, including setting up all appropriate actions required for contract renewals.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Healthcare Support Specialist some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Ensure the smooth running of assigned portfolio on a day to day basis.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate a constructive and professional relationship with clients and insurers at all levels.
- Act as the first point of contact for day to day enquiries from clients, providers and other internal and external sources.
- Independently respond to queries from both clients and insurers in a pro-active manner, whilst keeping Consultants informed as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate administration of schemes including invoicing, membership data, claims data, communication materials and other associated queries.
- Prepare template client reports as requested by Sales Consultants.
- Resolve any identified discrepancies in provider documentation before sending to clients.
- Ensure that any correspondence produced or issued by Aon is accurate and adheres to any published brand guidelines.
- Proactively initiate & manage the gathering of relevant data for each client’s scheme renewal and ensure accuracy at all times & assist with the analysis of data as required.
- Attend internal provider and product training as required.
- Periodically attend client meetings with the Sales Consultant, subject to agreement of Healthcare Administration Team Manager and team resourcing.
- Ensure that all client records are accurate, up to date and in the prescribed format.
- Maintain client records and data in line with Aon systems and protocols.
- Undertake ad hoc project work where required.
- Be prepared to work outside contracted hours if workloads & business requirements necessitate.
- Promote and comply with the financial & industry regulations and legislations.
- Proactively drive own development by seeking to improve & demonstrate technical & industry knowledge, including study for Industry accredited examinations & attendance on identified Aon sponsored courses.
- Use TBS to keep records up to date and ensure the system is up to date at all times.
- Provide a proactive professional telephone handling service for both internal and external contacts, including clients, providers and Aon colleagues.
- To be aware of the day to day service being provided by the team, help with workloads and provide cover for others as necessary.
- To pro-actively seek to recommend improvements to processes and service, participate fully in the implementation within the team and be an advocate for change.
- To sign and adhere to the Aon Confidentiality Agreement.
- Be a positive active participant in team meetings.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Healthcare Support Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Education & Professional
- Degree level preferred.
- CII preferred.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Technical knowledge of employee benefits industry, healthcare broking & regulations.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and use of a CRM system.
- Quick and accurate keyboard skill.
- Knowledge of Customer Service principles and practices.
- Excellent communication skills including outstanding telephone manner.
- High Standards of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work independently and proactively using own initiative.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads.
- Excellent time management skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to retain and recall informatio.
- Good aptitude for problem solving.
- Strong team player with a passionate approach to work.
- Ability to assist with revenue maximisation by recognising potential leads.
- Good standard of general education.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.