Aon are currently recruiting a Marketing Manager to join our team in Farnborough. Employee Benefits is one of the fastest growing areas of our business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced marketeer to join our fast paced and creative marketing team, as Marketing Manager, at this exciting stage of our continued growth.
Working within the Employee Benefits marketing team, the role of Marketing Manager is to support and contribute towards the development of the marketing strategy, alongside planning and delivering effective marketing activities to support new client acquisition and existing client retention objectives.
The role has a strong focus on innovation and ROMI performance , and would suit a highly motivated, analytical and creative individual.
If you think you would be a suitable candidate for this role, we want to hear from you!
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Marketing Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Marketing Strategy Development - Working with the Head of Marketing, you will be a key contributor towards the development of the marketing strategy, suggesting innovative marketing practices, and using your insight and experience, to support our wider business objectives.
- Industry research - You will be required to develop an excellent knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the employee benefits market, keep up to date with industry trends and legislation changes, as well as conduct research into customer and competitor behaviour, to identify key areas of focus, and provide guidance to help shape the direction of marketing initiatives and activities.
- Campaign Management – You will be responsible for the delivery of integrated marketing campaigns to achieve client acquisition and retention objectives. You will create compelling and targeted collateral, in line with core propositions, tailored to a target audience. Manage interactions with marketing colleagues, key stakeholders and agencies, to deliver a multifaceted marketing campaign via a number of appropriate marketing channels.
- Proposition Project Management – You will oversee and be responsible for the project management of marketing proposition development for the healthcare and risk, online and comms and DC Pensions teams. You will be required to liaise with proposition leaders, key stakeholders, and the marketing team to ensure that marketing proposition projects are prioritised accordingly, and ensure projects are implemented and delivered on time and within budget.
- Marketing Measurements and Analytics – You will be responsible for measuring and analysing all marketing activities undertaken to identify ways to increase lead generation, improve velocity of qualification, opportunity creation and sales conversion. You will be required to implement and upkeep marketing metric dashboards in Salesforce to provide appropriate management information as required, and to ensure ongoing improvement performance and greater ROMI is delivered through all channels.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Marketing Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Marketing / Business degree or similar is desirable
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma or similar is desirable
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Creative and innovative, with the ability to articulate and implement your ideas.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and personable skills.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Confidence to liaise and work closely with the executive team and key stakeholders as well as other colleagues, clients, suppliers and other divisions of Aon.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.