Aon Hewitt are currently recruiting a Finance Assistant to join our team in London. The Finance Assistant will be primarily responsible for supporting and assisting the Finance Manager in the day to day running of the Finance Function based in London. The role is a varied one covering Sales/Purchase Ledger, Month /Quarter end reporting, Balance Sheet reconciliations, and database management.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organisations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organisational and personal performance and growth, navigate risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Finance Assistant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Preparing invoices for multiple companies using an internal billing database.
- Working with multiple different teams to have invoices reviewed and approved.
- Preparation and tracking of global client statements of work and updating a billing system with pricing and purchase information.
- Assisting the Finance manager with ‘Month, Quarter & Year End close and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with SOX controls.
- Setting up of client codes, ensuring that all outstanding requirements are in place for compliance.
- Assisting the credit control team chasing up unpaid bills.
- Being a point of contact for the processing of supplier invoices and managing purchase orders via COUPA, Aon’s procurement system.
- Conduct all responsibilities in accordance with internal and external compliance controls and regulations approaching the legal team where necessary.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Finance Assistant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Finance function background, experience of TM1 useful but not essential.
- Quick learner with ability to work well with multiple databases.
- Experience of Salesforce.com desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible approach and commitment to meeting ‘month end’ deadlines.
- Proactive attitude to chasing colleagues and seeing tasks through to their conclusion.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually as appreciate with the ability to build relationships with colleague of all levels across multiple regions time zones.
- Ideal role for a candidate studying AAT or recently AAT qualified or equivalent
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.