Financial Risk Controller
Aon are currently recruiting a Financial Risk Controller to join our team in London. This individual will analyse, propose and support the continuous improvement and implementation of programs, policies and practices in our financial controls framework. This role will establish strong relationships with compliance, finance and business unit management to respond to emerging risks.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Financial Risk Controller some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Respond to emerging risks and support compliance projects by:
i) Data-mining and analysing relevant financial data from key ledgers and other systems.
ii) Providing finance and audit insight to address critical finance requirements and objectives.
iii) Promoting the implementation of key finance systems and controls in response to compliance concerns.
- Monitor and assist with administering, supervising, maintaining and improving key compliance controls within finance and operations.
- Develop management information reporting over key compliance risk areas and establish regular reporting to governance committees.
- Engage with colleagues around the world in country, regional and global Aon projects to identify and address key finance risks and work with the appropriate teams to develop and implement the necessary controls.
- Work with Business operations, HR and Global Spend Management to enhance payment controls across Aon UK.
- Work in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Adhere to the Aon Leadership Model.
As a Financial Risk Controller your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Professional designations/certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, etc
- audit, accounting or risk management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Be able to clearly communicate complex topics to varying audience levels.
- Strong people, influence, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to help drive change, manage change and deliver process improvements
- Ability to research and present complex information in a clear and insightful manner.
- Experience in leading and participating in projects in complex, matrix controlled organizations.
- Strong accounting and external or internal audit experience
- Insurance/insurance broking industry preferred
- Working knowledge of SOx, US GAAP and IFRS
- Prepared to meet a challenge. Strong desire to learn new processes, technical and compliance areas, and apply knowledge in practical manner.
- Ability to identify process or control gaps and recommend solutions
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task to accommodate multiple projects
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.