Finance Business Partner
Aon are currently recruiting a Finance Business Partner to join our team in London. The Finance Business Partner will be primarily responsible for partnering with a business segment within the Global Broking Centre, to conduct strategic financial planning, decision making in relation to commercial cost-benefit analysis, and support Aon corporate objectives related to working capital, return-on-invested-capital, free cash flow, organic revenue and margin expansion.
To enable this, the role will need to review and interpret routine reports delivered from the EMEA Finance Centre and reporting results and providing analysis to the business. Critically, the role will also need to work with unstructured data from a range of source systems to identify trends and create forward-looking actionable insights.
Work collaboratively with the EMEA Finance Centre and the business to develop and action plans to improve revenue, expense and profitability.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Finance Business Partner some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with senior executives within allocated business unit and lead all finance initiatives related to that business unit including representing finance on their Executive Committee,
- Provide strategic analysis, forward looking guidance and challenge to the annual and long term plans that contribute to the commercial development of the business,
- Monitor the overall financial performance of the business and report progress on all key financial metrics and business initiatives providing monthly updates to the senior executives in the business and Finance Directors,
- Continuously develop and implement key performance measures, including trend analysis and other operational data to provide insightful and challenging contribution to the overall running of the business,
- Partner with the EMEA Finance Centre and other teams to deliver analysis and insights to influence the business and drive financial performance,
- Work with the EMEA Finance Centre on the month end close and reporting process as well as budgeting and forecasting cycles and ensure that it meets the needs of the local country, regional and global stakeholders,
- Ensure the business adheres to and actively manages the revenue recognition policies and financial control procedures in line with its responsibilities as the first line of defence,
- Coach and mentor Finance Analysts within the EMEA Finance Centre to assist them in the progression of their role and prepare them for advancement,
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Finance Business Partner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Qualified Accountant [CIMA / ACCA / ACA Qualifications].
Experience and knowledge
- Ability to understand the business and communicate the wider financial impact of business decision making to senior executives and governance committees,
- Strong financial acumen and commercial awareness including demonstrable experience in business partnering,
- Experience of working in a financial services regulated environment preferred but not essential,
- Experience in preparing management reports and budgets, revenue recognition, cost benefit analysis, financial controls, budgeting and reporting.
- The ability to effectively influence and challenge senior executives,
- A self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to influence both Finance and non-Finance senior executives,
- Expert at building and maintaining relationships,
- Accuracy and attention to detail,
- Strong Excel skills.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.