(Any UK Office Location)
Working in Aon Hewitt’s Retirement & Investment PMO; the Project Manager is the first stage of the Project Manager career path and the primary focus of the role is to gain knowledge and experience of managing small/medium sized projects.
Your impact as a Project Manager
With support and guidance from more senior members of the Project Management team:
- You will manage projects and take appropriate action throughout project lifecycle to ensure client expectations, project deadlines, budgetary plans, process framework and legal considerations are adhered to and delivered
- You will ensure all projects are fully defined during initiation to ensure a project management framework and methodology is applied, clearly defined and agreed scope is in place and appropriate progress monitoring disciplines are in place and adhered to
- You will facilitate and be accountable for the agreement of deliverables necessary to complete a project together with estimates of work and expenditure necessary
- You will ensure projects adhere to prescribed project, risk and change management frameworks
- You will shape the project hierarchy and actively engage the project boards in the management of priorities and the resolution of project issues
- You will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate sign-offs have been obtained to demonstrate that a project implementation has met the client, stakeholders, and business objectives
- You will ensure cost benefit analysis has been conducted and supports commencement and on-going continuation of planned activities
- You will be working towards a tailored development plan to obtain the technical skills and competencies from the Project Manager Role Portrait within an agreed timeframe
You bring knowledge and expertise
- Working knowledge of Employee Benefits (Pensions and/or Benefits) industry preferred
- Ability to use such knowledge proactively in consultation with clients and internal stakeholders
- Entry level to advanced knowledge of Project Management process and tools.
- Effective problem solving skills to anticipate future needs/issues, including identifying solutions and making recommendations
- Strong communication, listening, questioning and interpersonal skills that build long term relationships and trust and help build a clear understanding of project objectives
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment and independently as required from time to time
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Proficiency with MS Office & Knowledge of MS Project.
- You are likely to have a degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to work towards PMP Certification within 12 months
- You will lead, encourage and embed a culture of collaboration and cooperative effort among members of a project team and board to deliver results.
- Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale.
- Communicates information and ideas verbally and in writing so others will understand.
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- You will look for opportunities to support and guide project team members throughout the project lifecycle