Entry Level Project Manager
(Any UK Office Location)
Working in Aon Hewitt’s Retirement & Investment PMO; the entry level Project Manager is the first stage of the Project Manager career path and the primary focus of the role is to gain knowledge and experience of managing small/medium sized projects.
Your impact as an Entry Level Project Manager
With support and guidance from more senior members of the Project Management team:
- You will manage projects and take appropriate action throughout project lifecycle to ensure client expectations, project deadlines, budgetary plans, process framework and legal considerations are adhered to and delivered
- You will ensure all projects are fully defined during initiation to ensure a project management framework and methodology is applied, clearly defined and agreed scope is in place and appropriate progress monitoring disciplines are in place and adhered to
- You will facilitate and be accountable for the agreement of deliverables necessary to complete a project together with estimates of work and expenditure necessary
- You will ensure projects adhere to prescribed project, risk and change management frameworks
- You will shape the project hierarchy and actively engage the project boards in the management of priorities and the resolution of project issues
- You will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate sign-offs have been obtained to demonstrate that a project implementation has met the client, stakeholders, and business objectives
- You will ensure cost benefit analysis has been conducted and supports commencement and on-going continuation of planned activities
- You will be working towards a tailored development plan to obtain the technical skills and competencies from the Project Manager Role Portrait within an agreed timeframe
You bring knowledge and expertise
- Working knowledge of Employee Benefits (Pensions and/or Benefits) industry preferred
- Ability to use such knowledge proactively in consultation with clients and internal stakeholders
- Entry level knowledge of Project Management process and tools.
- Effective problem solving skills to anticipate future needs/issues, including identifying solutions and making recommendations
- Strong communication, listening, questioning and interpersonal skills that build long term relationships and trust and help build a clear understanding of project objectives
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment and independently as required from time to time
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Proficiency with MS Office & Knowledge of MS Project.
- You are likely to have a degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to work towards PMP Certification within 12 months
- You will lead, encourage and embed a culture of collaboration and cooperative effort among members of a project team and board to deliver results.
- Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale.
- Communicates information and ideas verbally and in writing so others will understand.
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- You will look for opportunities to support and guide project team members throughout the project lifecycle