Branch Director – Aon Credit International (Birmingham, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a Branch Director to join Aon Credit International team in Birmingham. The Branch Director will be primarily responsible for drive performance excellence through effective and efficient management of business processes. Manage and develop the team so that they are equipped to meet team and Business Unit performance objectives.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Branch Director with Aon Credit International, some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Accountable for the delivery of the Birmingham branch budget;
- Drive the team to achieve budget and actively manage controllable costs;
- Accountable for building and maintaining high performance within the team;
- Be a role model for the team and consistently demonstrate and promote integrity, quality and professionalism;
- Effectively manage the performance of the team by providing regular feedback, having monthly one to one meetings and coaching the team;
- Promote a compliant culture within the team and ensure the regulatory learning modules are completed at the required times;
- Contribute to the team budget by achieving personal revenue targets;
- Accountable for team adherence to business processes, systems and procedures;
- Contribute to the performance management cycle for the team;
- Continually strive to improve client satisfaction and ensure we deliver on our promises to the client;
- Responsible for supporting the effective delivery of global service through network relationships, where appropriate;
- Actively build relationships across Aon and exploit cross selling opportunities;
- Role model the Aon Leadership (model) behaviours;
- Support the Managing Director in driving change and continuous improvement;
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Branch Director with Aon Credit International your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Leadership capability (and commitment to developing leadership skills);
- Trade credit experience preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Strong Client Management relationship skills;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage, motivate and coach direct reports;
- Understanding of client and industry strategic and financial drivers
- Understanding of the client, their industry and their risks
- Ability to understand client needs
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Strong technical insurance knowledge;
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service;
- Good understanding of compliance and FCA regulation."
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.