Aon are currently recruiting a Finance Analyst to join our team in Epsom. The Finance Analyst will be primarily responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of AH EMEA planning and reporting systems and processes. The role is instrumental in driving systems and reporting improvements to the benefit of the wider finance teams.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Finance Analyst some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Support submissions of actuals, planning and forecast data to corporate systems
- Assist with the month-end close activities and support month-end accounting and reporting
- Develop knowledge of data structures and process timelines
- Support planning and forecasting cycles and perform financial system rollover activities
- Maintain and control key structures in the planning and reporting systems, co-ordinate requests for new accounts and departments
- Maintain the controls framework to ensure the integrity of all data
- Troubleshoot FP&A system and reporting issues
- Support and develop processes to improve performance and drive efficiency of financial planning and reporting
- Assist with the delivery of key financial systems enhancements and projects
- Assist with the delivery of financial systems training to end users
- Work closely with the rest of EMEA Finance team, including on any ad-hoc analysis and projects as required by the business. Partnering with the extended FP&A team in Krakow.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group
Enthusiastic Finance Professional with some Accounts experience, ready to progress your career in Finance. Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree qualified. Accounting qualification an advantage but not essential
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Accountancy experience essential
- Proven experience in a financial, planning and analysis role desired but not essential
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and quality desired
- Keen attention to detail, ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Disciplined and organised approach to work
- Strong technical and systems skills - advanced Excel and modelling skills, use of Cognos Planning and BI and TM1 an advantage
- Highly flexible, adept at managing expectations and adapts to changing business needs dealing effectively with ambiguity and changing circumstances
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.