Head of Business Governance
Aon are currently recruiting a Head of Business Governance to join our team in London. The Head of Business Governance will be primarily responsible for leading the ARS UK and GBC Governance Team.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
- As a Head of Business Governance some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Manage a team of specialists, who work with the business and the Risk, Compliance and Legal Functions to ensure assurance and audit finding are managed and closed.
- Monitor and assess impact of upcoming changes in to the Legal or Regulatory environment
- Maintain and evolve policies, processes and procedures in conjunction with business owners.
- Identify and engage business to fix findings in audit or compliance reports.
- Work with the Leadership to identify areas of weakness in risk reporting and develop plans to reduce business risk.
- Co-ordinate or produce agendas, minutes or reports for meeting which are required as part of the Aon UK Limited risk framework.
- Develop, lead and manage the Business Governance team, ensuring annual plans are implemented to budget.
- Ensure changes to the control environment are managed and communication effectively.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK and corporate policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Head of Business Governance your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Knowledge and Skills
- Leader with a background in managing and coordinating risk and compliance activity on behalf of the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of building and maintaining Board level relationships.
- Determines pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions. Ensures that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occur in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner.
- Motivation, coaching and development of staff and evidence of proactive management of performance issues.
- Upholds and demonstrates leadership values.
- Enthusiastic team player with strong relationship and empathy building skills who is capable of selling reasons for change / plans to a diverse range of relationships.
- Well-developed influencing skills.
- Strong track record in risk management.
- Significant experience in delivering large initiatives within global financial services organizations.
- Background in implementation, with the ability to navigate a diverse business environment, build credible business cases and influence key stakeholders.
- Delivery of complex projects in the Financial Services / insurance broking.
- Demonstrated success through influencing and leading high performance teams.
- A track record of operating successfully in a regulated environment and with a good understanding of risk management, legal and compliance issues.
- Experience of introducing sophisticated systems and new working practices into a business on time and on budget.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.