Technical Operations Manager -Global Broking Centre (London, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting experienced Senior Broking Technician / Operations Manager to join our Global Broking Centre based in London. The role(s) are for a senior contributor (Aon career stage) with sound technical knowledge and ability. The main purpose of the role is to be fully responsible for;
- Driving the delivery and improvement of the key risk, compliance and operational measures within the Business Unit;
- Supporting the Business Unit in the implementation of agreed operational and business related change projects;
- Personally support the Business Unit leadership team in the execution of key activities and communication of operational procedures;
- Liaising with Operations functions on behalf of the Business Unit to ensure appropriate support and service is provided
- The role will fully support the end to end broking process and provide full operational support to broking/client teams.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Technical Operations manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Development, maintenance and improvement of the Operational performance results within the business unit including consistent achievement of key performance metrics.
- Input to the monthly operational governance process, including review and challenge of output to be included in the Monthly Business Review
- Management of the risk report to be included in the Monthly Business Review
- Input to the business continuity plan to ensure the plan is accurate and up-to-date and is communicated to all colleagues
- Review, challenge and determine the remedial actions of any significant matters raised in audit and compliance assurance work
- Monitor and manage E&O trends, determine remedial actions and develop and implement plans to address
- Understand trends arising from governance procedures and drive improvements through business process
- Management of the SPS reporting process including ensuring SPS SharePoint is completed by the required deadlines
- Provision of project management including reporting against progress and escalation of any issues and challenges
- Identification and implementation of key change projects that improve operational efficiency or regulatory adherence
- Support and participate in execution of key change projects in line with agreed targets and metrics
- Assist with the completion of the mandated quarterly compliance sign off process including further development and improvement of the process as required to ensure fit for purpose.
- Attend Business Unit team meetings to provide guidance on operational matters
- Support management in the interpretation and implementation of regulatory and compliance policies for the division
- Build effective relationships the Business Unit leadership to ensure operational issues are
- Manage the interface between the Business Unit and central operations functions (Change, Services, Governance, Insight) and Shared Services
- Collaborate with the Business Insights team to develop zero touch management information to help manage the business
- Collaborate with the Business Services team to ensure business issues are escalated both ways and that common queries and issues are identified and resolved
- Responsible for working in accordance with the FCA Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK and corporate policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
As a Technical Operations Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent understanding of London insurance market dynamics and core processes;
- Understanding of change management principles and approaches;
- Experience of managing effective relationships;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to communicate well across organizational levels;
- Good level of numeracy;
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent understanding and application of compliance and FCA regulation;
- Ability to work well as part of a team or independently;
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
- Strong track record in managing workloads effectively to meet required deadlines
- A track record of operating successfully in a regulated environment and with a good understanding of risk management, legal and compliance issues
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.