Client Director – Marine, Aon National (Flexible Locations, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a Client Director – Marine, Aon National to join our team.
Role Purpose / Summary:
- Responsible for identifying Client’s marine risk needs and utilising the best of Aon’s wider marine offering to design and deliver a profitable marine programme for their portfolio of accounts.
- Responsible for advising Clients and branches and for effectively and efficiently managing marine service levels expected by clients in National
- Responsible for broking risks to insurers and ensuring compliance with the National branches Broking strategy.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Client Director – Marine, Aon National some of your key responsibilities will involve:
1. Manage the service provided to clients by Corporate and those to whom we subcontract elements of service. Ensure the highest level of service to each assigned client in line with the agreed
client service tools.
- Identify each client’s service requirements and manage the client service team to ensure service meets agree standards.
- Manage client expectations: keeping them informed of progress and communicating with them as appropriate, and taking appropriate and timely action to identify and correct problems.
- Ensure delivery to highest standard using best practice processes and conducting regular reviews with clients through Client Promise, issuing meeting minutes promptly after meetings.
- Maintain client files in accordance with agreed procedures, keeping records complete, accurate and up to date.
2. Identify and introduce Aon’s products and services to meet the client’s needs and understand and
communicate each Client’s business issues and needs to the service team and other parts of Aon.
Build and maintain a good understanding of each client’s business including financial performance, objectives, market perception, products and services, management structure and key personnel.
- Build and maintain a good understanding of each client’s industry including general industry issues and cycles and the client’s market position and competitors.
- Ensure that each client’s risks are identified and appropriate risk and insurance solutions are provided.
- Identify the clients other needs and match Aon solutions to those needs where appropriate. Hold blue sheet exercises as appropriate, utilising GRIP benchmarking data.
- Maintain Client Promise Plans.
- Identify the clients’ existing relationships with Aon and work with them as a “One Aon” team to share information, co-ordinate approach and deliver synergies.
- communicate client and industry knowledge to the service team, other parts of Aon and to insurers as appropriate in conjunction with CSA and brokers
- hold regular team briefing on each client’s business and risk issues
- update the team on key issues following client meetings, providing copy meeting minutes
3. Build client relationships with key decision-makers.
- Identify the key decision-makers and facilitate relationships between these individuals and the appropriate Aon personnel. Develop and maintain information on key contact’s style, preferences and other details as appropriate.
- Keep client advised of key issues, including insurance market trends, changes in legislation and new and innovative products and services.
- act as dual servicer for other client managers as required and ensure dual servicing on own clients
4. Grow the revenue and profitability of his/her client portfolio. Meet annual revenue target for this
- Identify and monitor the cost of providing service, having the confidence to charge clients for additional work.
- Ensure that complete and accurate time records are maintained by whole service team using the division’s time recording system, to understand and manage client profitability.
- calculate target fees using the Aon pricing system/RAN tool and negotiate acceptable fee with each client
- development plans to achieve profitability on all clients and agree actions with client management director
- Identify services outside the SoSA and negotiate additional fees.
- ensure payment is made by clients within agreed timescales/Aon’s credit control standards
5. Comply with regulatory requirements and business procedures, and any other standards or requirements as communicated
- responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies including participation in the management of risks (in mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business interest or reputation of any
- Ensure all agreed practices and tools are actively and consistently applied.
lead by example by ensuring own activity complies with regulatory requirements and business procedures
6. Client Service Delivery
- ensuring the delivery of a co-ordinated and managed high quality, innovative client service in accordance with the agreed Scope of Service Agreement relating to Commercial insurance products
- Liaise effectively with Client Managers and the Broking team to ensure client needs are met and concerns raised via the Client Promise Plan of Direct Reports, are addressed/remedied.
- understand Aon products and facilities and other offerings - ensuring budgetary forecasts are maintained
7. Compliance with regulatory requirements and business procedures
- assist in driving change in their location, allocating resources where necessary
- liaising with staff and Line Managers at the location to ensure Client Services are transacting business with clients and insurers in a compliant and robust way, with operational processes/systems being monitored and maintained
- ensuring that file reviews and technical audits are carried out in accordance with sign-off and ongoing supervision of staff
- ensure that GRIP is updated in ”real time” by the team and other KPIs are fully met
8. People Management
- Lead a team of Client Service Advisers through coaching, development and performance management, ensuring completed objectives with supporting personal development plans in place.
- Ensure all team members attend relevant personal development courses in line with their role.
- develop and support team members in the achievement of their objectives through coaching and mentoring
- Attract, develop and retain talented individuals in line with business plans.
- Work with the Commercial Insurance leadership team to develop a working environment where people are positive, motivated and enthusiastic.
- to act as a role model, encouraging problem solving and innovation and to support the team to achieve Aon’s service standards
- undertake team briefings
- embrace operational improvement initiatives
- strives for profitability – thinks of solutions to make a job more cost effective/more streamlined
- contribute to the development strategy through the area leadership team
- ensure effective working relationships between the New Business, Client Management and Broking teams, so that together they drive service, revenue and profit growth
Brokers specific risks to insurers
- decides in conjunction with the client service team which insurers should be approached on specific risks
- Brokers specific risks to insurers and picks up the broking of risks referred by other brokers and client service teams.
- Places business in accordance with the corporate broking strategy and broking procedures.
- negotiates the most appropriate terms for the client
- Provides a professional opinion on the most appropriate options offered by insurers and proactively intervenes where appropriate to provide better solutions.
- contributes to insurance programme design suggesting alternatives solutions to the client service teams where appropriate
- Takes ownership of insurer related issues referred by client service teams and advises on and resolves day to day queries.
- Monitors the quality of submissions and intervenes where appropriate to improve them.
Forms and maintains effective relationships
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key insurer staff.
Proactively manages relationships with Aon units providing broking services.
Works with the appropriate corporate staff and the leaders of the insurer teams to resolve performance issues and to continuously improve client service.
Supports the objectives contained in the business plans with insurers including the monitoring of insurer selection and intervenes where appropriate.
works to resolve contentious placing issues/disputes with insurers
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.