Aon are currently recruiting a Operations Manager to join our team in Chelmsford. The Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for providing oversight and support the Head of Operations with the operational performance and processes of the Global, Specialty & UK Retail Broking business units.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Operations Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Assist in the development, maintenance and improvement of the Operational performance results within each business unit including consistent achievement of key performance metrics.
- Assist in the monthly operational governance process, and produce output suitable for inclusion in the Monthly Business Review
- Assist in the escalation, tracking and completion of significant matters raised in audit and assurance work
- Ensure that E&O management processes are followed in accordance with Legal and Compliance requirements and manage the quarterly E&O Governance meeting.
- Ensure that Complaints files are audited in accordance with requirements, monitor claims trends and escalate adverse developments appropriately
- Ensure full adoption of the Third Party Payment Policy, providing advice and assistance as necessary
- Assist in the completion of the monthly Binding Authority control process
- Assist in the completion of Business Continuity Plans
- Participate in the File Review process, ensuring issues are escalated and remedial actions are taken where necessary
- Assist in the adherence to the T&C scheme, ensuring issues are escalated remedial actions are taken where necessary
- Understand oversee and support the client teams with credit control, ensuring issues are escalated remedial actions are taken where necessary.
Assist in the delivery of the quarterly compliance certificate sign off on behalf of the Approved Person(s) within each business unit
- Assist the Business Operations & Regulatory Director and the Approved person within each business unit to meettheir responsibilities
- Assist with the completion of the mandated quarterly compliance sign off process.
- Develop, maintain and improve the quarterly compliance sign off process as required
Assist in the delivery of successful operational and business related change projects as needed
- Provision of project management and other ad-hoc support as required
- Identification and implementation of key change projects that improves operational efficiency or regulatory adherence
- Responsible for working in accordance with the AON UK Limited Risk Management Framework and compliance with the AON UK Limited policies including participation in the management of risks (including the completion of mandatory training) that may adversely impact the business interests or reputation of the Group Company.
As a Operations Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Strong organisation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and individually
- Educated to at least A Level standard
- Professional business qualification
- Operational Management experience
- Practical application of programme and project management methodology
- Skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet, MS Project, Visio.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.