Head of Marine Broking (Manchester, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a Head of Marine Broking to join our team in Manchester. The Head of Marine Broking will be primarily responsible for:
- Manage the day to day activities of the Marine team placing business with a panel of competing insurers.
- Provide senior level technical and broking expertise across all lines Marine classes.
- Ensure the team provides the highest level of service to the Aon Network, clients and Insurers.
- Promote Aon Marine teams’ capabilities internally and externally.
- Establish effective relationships with Client Managers and Insurers in order to service existing client needs and support new revenue opportunities through providing technical expertise and offering solutions to maximum product penetration, revenue retention and growth.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Head of Marine Broking some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- To ensure that the SPS Broking Marine team work as a cohesive unit meeting all service requirements agreed with Insurers and ARS whilst working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Ltd policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of a Group Company.
- Ensure that risks placed with AUM Marine MGA in Birmingham are handled appropriately to ensure the best client outcome.
- Ensure that risk data is recorded accurately in Pure to support production of monthly Management Information.
- Ensure the team has agreed objectives and have regular performance reviews.
- To review policy documentation produced by other team members to ensure compliant and is issued in accordance with agreed guidelines.
- Assist the Wholesale Broking Director in the planning and budgeting process encompassing revenue, expense and headcount.
- Responsible for complaints, E&O and compliance issues.
- Carry out such projects, tasks and other duties as may be specified by the Wholesale Broking Director or Senior Management of the Division.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Head of Marine Broking your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree level candidate preferred
- ACII or working towards would be an advantage
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Marine broking experience working in a team covering all elements of broking activity including placement and negotiation with insurers, policy production, administration, maintaining IT system and records.
- Solid technical understanding of the all Marine classes of business including multiple lines and global placements but primarily Cargo, Freight and Hull.
- Market awareness and technical expertise to be able to assist in Policy wording reviews and comparisons.
- Proven people management skills with the ability to motivate people and assist them in organising their work to meet required targets.
- Good working relationship with panel insurers.
- IT literate including MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word).
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.