HRMSL Compliance Manager
Aon are currently recruiting a HRMSL Compliance Manager to join our team in London.
The HRMSL Compliance Manager is a key contributor to the risk, compliance and ethics program for Hewitt Risk Management Services Limited, and is responsible for assisting with the development of the firm’s compliance framework and overseeing compliance with regulatory requirements, Aon’s compliance policies and procedures.
With the help of the Board, Senior Management and the HRMSL Compliance Officer foster a sound compliance culture within the firm. Promote close collaboration between the business units and Risk and Compliance, thereby helping to empower staff to take personal responsibility for compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory and Aon policy requirements.
Work closely with other control functions, including Aon Law, Internal Audit, Finance and business unit management across the firm to ensure that Aon prevents, detects and remediates violations of applicable laws, regulations, and policies, including the Aon Code of Business Conduct. Where necessary escalate/report non-compliance to relevant stakeholders.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a HRMSL Compliance Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Maintain a satisfactory relationship with relevant regulatory authorities including the UK FCA and the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Strive to continuously enhance the relationship between the Compliance Department and business units and other functions so that the regulatory agenda is included early in strategic discussions.
- Provide assurance, guidance and evidence to the HRMSL Board and Executive that all risk and regulatory matters are being appropriately managed and overseen in line with requirements.
- Provide assurance, guidance and evidence to the Adept Investment Management plc and Aon Hewitt Management Company Limited boards that all regulatory matters are being appropriately managed and overseen in line with requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of HRMSL specific compliance policies and procedures, including Compliance Manual, Conflicts Policy, Financial Promotions Policy, Remuneration Code Policy, Stewardship Code Policy, Order Execution Policy.
- Keep abreast of current compliance and regulatory risks, as well as changes to applicable local laws, regulations and best practices which may affect HRMSL’s compliance programme. Identify and interpret relevant requirements/changes in order to provide advice and support for business areas to enable them to comply.
- Assist with the implementation of a robust risk based monitoring programme, record and communicate findings appropriately, report findings to the HRMSL Board and Executive.
- Assist with the implementation of an effective communication and training plan consistent with global compliance training and communication initiatives to ensure compliance policies and procedures are effectively cascaded to employees.
- Provide advice and counsel on compliance, risk and local regulatory issues with the assistance of specialist colleagues such as Financial Crime, Privacy, legal counsel etc.
- Assist in the remediation of issues raised by Internal Audit, External Audit and any other similar bodies.
- Actively participate and follow-up on actions agreed in Global/Regional Compliance calls/meetings.
- Implement a framework to help ensure all material promoting HRMSL is approved in advance by Compliance, review material promptly, ensuring all regulatory considerations are taken in to consideration and provide helpful, meaningful feedback to the business.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a HRMSL Compliance Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Financial Services Industry Qualification (desirable)
- Recognised compliance qualification (desirable)
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA requirements relating to asset management companies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in compliance management.
- Detailed knowledge of FCA regulations and guidance (SYSC, FUND, COBS etc).
- Experience of providing investment services on a cross border basis.
- Experience of new product/services launches.
- Leadership experience, with skills such as business acumen, strategic planning, and decision making in view of financial priorities and internal and external conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the corporation and various business units.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and analyse organisational needs with solid problem-solving abilities.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.