Aon are currently recruiting a Project Manager to join our team in Farnborough. The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for managing multiple large-scale projects within the EMEA H&B Portfolio. These will either be stand-alone projects or will fall within global or EMEA programs of work.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Project Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Production of and sign-off of business case
- Defining project scope and deliverables and developing project plans; activity planning, sequencing and time estimating; development and management of project plans
- Ensure governance processes are understood and followed, and appropriate stakeholders engaged at the right time
- Determine resources needed to meet expectations. Coordinate the activities to obtain the needed resources and manage resources effectively
- Responsible for providing statistical analysis, reporting findings, identifying enhancements, and streamlining processes
- Identify and manage risks and issues and provide resolution
- Develop and manage project communication plan and activities
- Maintain various status and financial reports for projects. Ensure timely information provided to Aon management as appropriate. Monitoring, controlling and reporting on project progress to Stakeholders
- Organise and facilitate the relevant Steering Committee / project board meetings
- Third party management
- Quality management
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored
- Cost estimating & budget management. Understand basic revenue models and P/L; meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives as projects progress and conduct post-project completion reviews to identify areas of continual improvement
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Project Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University degree education desirable
- Experience in Project Management or related roles with proven, significant professional growth
- Formal qualification in project management (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP) , Six Sigma desirable
- Knowledge of benefits broking process and client servicing related to benefit plans desired
- Knowledge of employer and employee benefits delivery model and best practices
- Experience leading and leveraging through others
- Ability to initiate, grow and maintain strong working relationships at all levels including executive sponsors, business leaders, subject matter experts and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage executive and senior staff and skilled in the management of stakeholder expectations
- Ability to adapt content, style and level of detail of written and verbal communications to fit numerous, diverse audiences, selecting the most effective method in each case
- Ability to understand, articulate and translate complex business problems in order to define clear activities which result in a desired solutions
- Effective in identifying problems, performing analysis to determine root causes and skilled in the provision of workable solutions
- Ability to identify and pursue the successful completion of key project products simultaneously ensuring quality and timeliness of all outputs
- Able to manage numerous projects simultaneously, prioritising key actions to ensure close management of stakeholders and action owners in order to achieve successful delivery of project products and outputs
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies (such as Prince 2) and structures and can demonstrate a pragmatic application of these appropriate to a given audience and/or situation
Proven experience in:
- The successful initiation, planning, execution and closure of projects
- Delivering operations, risk, organisational change and IT application projects
- Managing a project team of up to 15 resources
- Negotiating with all parts of an organisation in order to secure resource and/or budget, meet deadlines, attain approvals, embed process and manage conflicts
- Facilitation of project meetings; internal and third parties, including online/conference calls
Proven ability in:
- An insurance or broking environment
- Process mapping, lean methodology and operational improvement implementation
- Use of MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an advanced level
- Direction, leadership and motivation of project teams
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.