Aon are currently recruiting a M&A Consultant to join our team in London. The M&A Consultant will be primarily responsible for:
- Assisting the team with financial modelling, project management and due diligence, reporting to the Corporate Development Deal Lead.
- The Corporate Development role is key for a business that is high growth and acquisitive. The candidate will be focusing on corporate transactions for the business. The Corporate Development function plays a central role in identifying and evaluating opportunities for the continued growth of the business.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
We are looking for a commercially focussed individual with strong academic qualifications and excellent stakeholder management skills. You will be a confident communicator with excellent Microsoft Excel, analytical and mathematical skills.
As a M&A Consultant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Financial modelling
- Investment appraisal
- Business case preparation for potential M&A activity
- Preparation of board level analysis / presentations
- M&A project management and transactional work with professional advisors
- Management of due diligence processes
- Support Corporate Development Deal Lead in all matters related to M&A
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a M&A Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Chartered Accountant or other professional bodies in the financial services sector
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of asset valuation techniques, Net Present Value, IRR and ROIC
- Experience building and working on corporate financial models
- Financial Services (in particular Insurance) background is beneficial but not essential
- Relevant experience will include M&A, Corporate Development, Strategy, Transaction Support, Investment Banking, etc.
- Excellent MS Excel, PPT and analytical skills
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.