Compliance Assurance Manager
Aon are currently recruiting a Compliance Assurance. As part of Aon’s UK Risk & Compliance/Compliance Assurance team, deliver the ongoing compliance programme to ensure Aon in the UK meets business, legal and regulatory requirements including FCA, Aon’s policies and procedures (including Aon Corporation Policies), financial crime and data protection.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Compliance Assurance Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Ensure Compliance Assurance reviews across the Aon UK entities are completed in accordance with agreed plans.
- Where appropriate, to undertake desk based review activity.
- Ensure that there is conformance with the compliance assurance process and assist in its development.
- Complete all aspects of compliance assurance review activity, to include, for example:
- Pre-review planning and business notification
- Collation and analysis of business MI and selection of samples
- Appropriate feedback to business on conclusion of review
- Completion of reports
- Tracking of actions with appropriate escalation, including the reporting of breaches
- Assist with the compilation of the Compliance Assurance plan.
- Raise awareness and provide support and guidance to staff within Aon on relevant compliance requirements and standards.
- Undertake additional project work and targeted reviews as directed by the Head of Compliance Assurance / Senior Compliance Assurance Managers.
- Operate in accordance with company and departmental procedures and standards.
- Through research of rules and supporting literature, maintain own knowledge of Aon’s regulatory and business standards.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of team and departmental goals/objectives.
- Escalate issues as necessary to the Head of Compliance Assurance and the Financial Crime (FC) Director for FC related matters.
As a Compliance Assurance Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
General insurance experience and/or compliance experience preferably within a FCA regulated environment
Life, pensions and investment experience and/or compliance experience preferably within a FCA regulated environment
Financial crime experience in either one or both of the above areas
Experience, knowledge & skills
- Detailed knowledge of financial services industry, regulation, operating processes and technology.
- Ability to analyse FCA rules, guidance and principles and access their application in the business.
- Excellent oral/ written communication and planning.
- At least five years’ experience in a compliance management or audit role.
- Knowledge of regulatory issues facing Aon and the Life, Pensions, Health & Benefits and Investments Industry.
- Dynamic and proactive bringing energy and enthusiasm to compliance subjects.
- Being able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Confidence and credibility to face off to the organisation’s senior management and directors
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Willingness to travel.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.