Business Development Manager - Aon Credit International (Birmingham/ West Midlands, UK)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager within the Aon Credit International team based in Birmingham/ West Midlands.
The primary responsibility of this role is to generate and close new business.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
As a Business Development Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Lead generation and opportunity creation using a variety of self-generated, Aon or referred channels.
- Accountability for account planning for all prospects and co-ordinate all prospect activity through closure.
- A full understanding and ability to articulate the value delivered by Aon and effectively lead any market negotiations
- Actively building relationships across Aon and exploit cross selling opportunities
- Effective analysis driven risk financing strategy, including program design and marketing, with prospects to meet their needs where appropriate
- Managing the sales process
- Understanding the prospect their industry and their risks
- Understanding the client need and matching them with Aon solutions
- Contributing to the team’s sales strategy
- Effectively using Salesforce.com to manage pipeline and opportunities
- Developing and maintaining effective prospect relationships using best practice sales techniques
- Accountability for adherences to business processes, systems and procedures
- Responsible for compliance with regulatory requirements and business procedures (including usage of salesforce.com, and application of Aon insurer security policies where relevant)
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
As a Business Development Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong Client Management relationship skills
- Technical knowledge within Trade Credit / Credit Insurance would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience within a corporate finance development position would be an advantage
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen
- Proven background in Business Development
- Strong analytical skills – ability to interpret data
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service
- Good understanding of compliance and FCA regulation
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.