Our Global Investment Manager Research Team aims to identify investment managers with the potential to perform well in the future and who can add value to our clients’ portfolios. The range of asset classes we research for our clients is constantly evolving and encompasses a broad range of traditional and alternative assets.
This role will primarily cover the Equity Manager Investment universe, researching Global and Regional strategies. You will be part of a Global Research Team, based in London.
We can offer you exposure to a wide variety of clients, and you will be supported by a great team, with the space to research managers in great detail. As part of our wider Retirement & Investment division, there are numerous opportunities to further your career here at Aon.
Your impact as a Senior Equity Researcher
- Sourcing new high conviction equity manager ideas for Aon Hewitt’s clients
- Having accountability for Aon Hewitt’s view on a number of equity strategies and communicating internally, and if required to external clients, the team’s views on a range of equity strategies
- Creating and maintaining standard reports and being able to present confidently to consultants and clients on any issues relating to those managers
- Providing internal challenge on investment research
- Preparing bespoke reports to help clients find a solution to achieve their investment objectives including, but not limited to manager selection and manager structure
- Leading manager research meetings, analysing the findings and formulating manager ratings for specific products
- Work closely with other members of the Aon Hewitt manager research team (in the UK, North America, India and Europe), both within equity strategies and other asset classes where required.
- Being a permanent member of the equity Portfolio Construction Committee
- Work with other areas of the Global Asset Engine such as the Asset Allocation team on projects of mutual interest
- Promote Aon Hewitt’s product offering and professional reputation externally as well as contribution to thought leadership
- Understand and reflect in practice the Firm’s vision, approach to client care, the development of individuals and all values and cultural aspects of the Firm.
You bring knowledge and expertise
- A thorough understanding of the institutional investment industry and investment processes, ideally through direct experience in fund management or manager research role (with a focus on equity)
- A comprehensive understanding of investment risk metrics and their application in portfolio management
- Good knowledge of the key players (both individuals and firms) in the fund management community
- Strong academic background
- Direct experience of security / fund selection or portfolio construction
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and high personal standards in the production of internal and external material.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- The ability to anticipate potential problems and be proactive and creative in identifying solutions.
- Acting with the highest integrity and professional standards.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.