Risk Benefits Senior Consultant
Aon are currently recruiting a Risk Benefits Senior Consultant to join our team in Farnborough. The Risk Benefits Senior Consultant will be primarily responsible for:
Reporting to the Operations Director/Practice Head, the jobholder will be responsible for the retention and development of a portfolio of clients and providing expert consulting advice to ensure service meets clients’ needs.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of 66,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Risk Benefits Senior Consultant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Act as key advisor for portfolio of clients, attending client meetings; providing expert advice to ensure client product and service needs are met
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients to enhance service delivery and identify new business opportunities.
- Stay up-to-date with current trends in the industry, monitor market developments and identify revenue generation opportunities for existing clients.
- Ensure account retention and new business development for the business unit independently and in conjunction with the Sales team and/or other Aon business units (Aon Consulting and Aon Ltd)
- Lead or take an active part in activities and initiatives aimed at promoting Aon's products and services in the marketplace (e.g. media events, trade conferences, client seminars)
- Plan and implement projects; identify resource requirements and prepare project budgets if required; generate project reports and recommendations; track progress against project plans and budgets and evaluate performance
- Agree service levels or targets with external and internal suppliers and monitor the delivery of services against those targets, address performance issues as and when required
- Upon identification, report risks to the Operations Director and/or Compliance Director to ensure appropriate risk management activities are implemented
- Responsible for own continuous professional and personal development including keeping abreast of statutory obligations and relevant FSA guidelines and legislation
- Where applicable, ensure the requirements of the Financial Services Market Act 2000 and Aon’s Compliance criteria are met in relation to Regulated Business carried out within specific specialist area.
- Ensure working practices are in adherence with ACUK T&C processes and procedures; where necessary provide evidence and information to appropriate parties which demonstrates compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensure that any potential E&O cases are addressed in accordance with an appropriate procedure to minimise Aon's exposure
- Provide information as required for regular and adhoc financial statements for the business for regulatory, accounting and other purposes
- Ensure renewal and retention of existing accounts by establishing client needs, maintaining client relationships and facilitating the overall renewal process
- Increase the value of a portfolio of accounts by identifying and converting addition business opportunities from current clients which include business units within Aon Consulting and/or Aon Ltd
- Identify and analyse industry trends and developments to establish emerging client needs and business opportunities
- Undertake a review of the client's employee benefits requirements, documenting and analysing the results, together with making recommendations for enhancement or the provision of services by Aon
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to colleagues including but not limited to formal mentoring responsibilities and informal on-the-job assistance with work assignments
- Ensure all client contact leads to high value service delivery and seeks to introduce employee benefits schemes which fit with clients’ overall reward strategies.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.