The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for capturing, evaluating and documenting business requirements. This role will drive and/or participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from requirements definition and architecture through deployment and support.
The Business Systems Analyst will serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT teams in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and will work on highly complex projects with multiple stakeholders in various locations.
They will be an expert in capturing requirements, building strong documentation, and communicating effectively with offshore development teams. Additionally they will demonstrate an expertise in the business unit they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
Your impact as a Business Systems Analyst:
The Delegated Infrastructure team is responsible for:
- Implementing new technology solutions in response to stakeholder requests in order to improve modelling, monitoring, and trade execution capabilities.
- Designing/proposing/implementing technical solutions in response to detailed requirements
- Coordinating efforts across internal and external teams
- Ad hoc analysis
- Proactively proposing technical solutions to improve operational efficiency.
Within the Delegated Infrastructure Team, the successful candidate will:
- Conduct interviews to elicit business needs
- Perform requirement analysis and systems analysis.
- Gather and document system/business requirements in the form of user stories
- Translate user stories into functional specifications and create requirement models, UI mockups, and prototypes.
- Prepare estimations for business analysis tasks and deliverables.
- Facilitate design and development of software solutions.
- Liaise between business stakeholders, development and testing teams, as well as architecture and environment teams.
- Manage the Requirement and User Acceptance testing processes for new functionality including documentation, training, issue management, etc.
- Perform manual testing and conduct UAT sessions.
- Actively communicate with stakeholders.
You bring skills and expertise
- Experience working as Business Analyst in Investment Consulting / Investment Operations / Asset Management
- Strong core Business Analysis skills in the areas of elicitation, requirements analysis, business process improvement, requirements modeling, gap analysis, functional decomposition and design, data modeling, rapid prototyping, and other Agile techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding relationship development and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an iterative application development model.
- Be able to work with the business teams using skills such as influencing, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Ability to work with distributed cross functional teams and drive results to achieve project goals and mitigate risk. Previous project or team leadership experience.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
- Undergraduate degree (in business or IT preferred)
- High competency level in MS Office products including Visio
- Technical experience with Eagle Pace, Charles River, and Crystal Reports.
- Asset Management / Trading knowledge.
- An advanced degree.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.